Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:32 pm FL Cat, so glad you are home safe and with power.

Good morning, all. I've been awol again, I apologize. My brother is in the hospital in Plant City, FL, which is not too far from FL Cat. My SIL went to her sister's house and rode out the storm there. She doesn't know yet if power is off in the park where they live. I think my brother will be released on Friday, once they know the roads are clear and the hospital opens back up.

I'm so worried for those who rode out the storm on the barrier islands. Sanibel is completely cut off from the mainland, and for how long? Ugh...this was a really bad one.

Things here are plugging along. We went to our niece's wedding in Nashville and so enjoyed being with family. But it was good to get home. Our pet sitter did a wonderful job as always with Hobbes and Audrey. As for Hobbes, we are moving forward with getting the I131 treatment done to fix his thyroid. His blood test and urinalysis came back perfect, so the last thing to be done is a chest x-ray. I have an appointment for that on Monday. Then we can schedule the procedure.

I, unfortunately, tested positive for Covid on Sunday. Ugh. I must've picked it up at the wedding. There were boatloads of people everywhere -- the hotel, the reception. Thankfully, DH doesn't have it. Or if he does, he's asymptomatic. I have had a very light case. I felt really bad Saturday and Sunday, but by Monday I started feeling better. Now, it just feels like typical sinus stuff. I'll do a test over the weekend to make sure it's negative before I take Hobbes to his appointment Monday.
Patty, I’m sorry that you have Covid. I hope that Hobbes does well. How long will he have to stay at the facility? I researched the procedure for Pippi but can’t remember. You are fortunate that you have a treatment facility in your area.

Starting late next week, I’m going to take care of my friend’s cat for a month. I’m looking forward to it! He is a two-year-old little boy cat named Echo.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:53 pm So glad to hear that you were one of the lucky ones. My niece got through OK as well, no loss of power as of yet so that's good. She works the night shift in a hospital and was told not to report for work until Saturday. They have a special group that stays in situations like this.

I have inlaws in Sarasota. They are all OK but there is concern for one of the nieces who lives on an outside off the coast.
Thank you, Logics. I’m glad that your niece did well. A friend just texted that the southern part of our county seems to have fared the worst with no power and lots of trees down.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Weirdly I have had a productive morning even though feeling blah

Showered and washed my hair - that might have helped. Nice hot shower. My body had been aching. Getting old is not for the young!!

Did my online bill paying. I was craving Campbells soup - steak and potatoes - I thought I had some - nope. Did have Progesso chicken and dumplings. It was good, but still craving the other and of course

Turkey and Dressing!!! Can't wait!!

Have a great day.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:01 pm Patty, I’m sorry that you have Covid. I hope that Hobbes does well. How long will he have to stay at the facility? I researched the procedure for Pippi but can’t remember. You are fortunate that you have a treatment facility in your area.

Starting late next week, I’m going to take care of my friend’s cat for a month. I’m looking forward to it! He is a two-year-old little boy cat named Echo.
I haven't asked that question yet. A few months ago when my vet initially told me about the procedure, she said he would need to stay for a few days b/c he would still be radioactive. And even after he comes home, his litter will need to be handled/disposed of carefully.

Will you keep Echo in your home? That will be a nice job. :-)
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:21 pm It doesn't tell you which tire? Mine has a little light/pic of the tires and the one that is low lights up. my car is a 2007!
Mine does not. Dad filled up all my tires, including the spare donut. I think it was the spare. It was the lowest.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:55 pm Here's link to shark video. Scroll to middle of the page

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/viral-video-shows-sharks-swimming-in-flooded-streets-of-fort-myers-amid-hurricane-ian-3388681
Sharknado!