Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Patty, sorry you have covid but glad it seems to be a light case. It sucks I know. Prayers for Hobbes.
FloridaCat, happy you are home and safe. Just hunker down and take it easy.

I just got back from town, keys made although they didn't have enough blanks so I will get more next time I am on that end of town. I also went to Aldi's since I was close and I am glad I did. I usually go on Mondays but was close and I needed weird things like salt and cooking oil. I found 3 5-piece packages of "beer bratwurst" marked down from 4.99 to 1.99 . I feel some brats and sauerkraut coming on LOL! I also got 1 package of link sausages for 1.49 usually 4.99. I did notice they are out of so many frozen potato products and they have been for a while. I asked about them and was told they had gotten their refrigerated truck this AM, none on it and another truck coming Tuesday, but no assurances they will be on it.
Lots of German foods and if I let myself I would have them all. The strudels and kuchen were all calling out to me but I resisted. I love any kind of pastry.

I was going to go thru the drive thru but instead came home and made a turkey sandwich. Clem, I am like you jonesying for turkey and dressing. I think I would even go for a banquet tv dinner. There is just something about "institutional" turkey and dressing that I just love. I loved the cafeteria stuff LOL.

JCKitty
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:09 am Good Morning,

Last night I had the Weather Channel on as the Hurricane was making Landfall. And now this morning there are videos of a couple of near misses Jim Cantore had. When Iw a watching, I was struck with the thought that it was a good thing that 2 of the reporters were wearing helmets. So glad they hit up their local Play It again Sports for baseball batting helmets. There was another wearing a swimming/diving mask to protect his eyes. Just wow!

Here we are sunny and cool, but it is supposed to be a bit warmer than yesterday, upper 60s rather than barely 60 yesterday.

I got a Thank you note with a JoAnn's gift card int he mail form my cousin for whom I made more burp cloths for. They are speaking my language.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I always worry about the reporter's ears, all of the wind and stuff flying around.

I also was happy to see the helmets that they had on.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm I haven't asked that question yet. A few months ago when my vet initially told me about the procedure, she said he would need to stay for a few days b/c he would still be radioactive. And even after he comes home, his litter will need to be handled/disposed of carefully.

Will you keep Echo in your home? That will be a nice job. :-)
I seem to remember when I researched the thyroid procedure that they said 3 days. Hobbes is still young and will do well.

Yes, Echo is going to stay at my house.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:15 pmSharknado!
Hahaa! Maggie, you have such a quick wit!
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Frozen potatoes have been out everywhere I looked. Aldi had none and Food Lion has had nothing but some bags of name brand, like Ore-Ida and Alexian, which are three times the cost of store brand. Food Lion did get in a different brand of French fries recently, but they were a product of Egypt and I would not buy them. I spent the big bucks on Ore-Ida instead.
Mackie
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:45 am I’m home! I could have stayed at the hotel but there is no place like home. Wi-Fi is not working and even cell seems slow.

It is still very windy. Lots of tree debris in my community and I had to get some branches off my driveway before I could drive into my carport. Power is on.

Driving home was no problem. Lights were out at one major intersection but the sheriff was directing traffic.

No TV without internet but I usually can get the local ABC with my old rabbit ears. I also have a battery radio.

I’m glad to be home.
There really is no place like home!

That is one of the reasons that I don't travel

So happy that all is well with you.

IC