Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

So of course, Hubby needed to start the garage. The roof beams are done and tomorrow he plans on making the side beams. I guess I will be busy doing that with him tomorrow. Wish I would have got more done today.

The afternoon was spent sewing. I got three more rows done on the quilt. I really wish I was a bit faster, but what will be will be. Hopefully I am not building all day tomorrow and can manage another three or so rows added.

Tonight, I hope to finish the red yarn off on this next blanket. I am hoping to really get through lots of leftover bits, bobs and orphan yarn skeins this time around.

My little craft corner beside my chair is getting a bit cluttered and it needs to be cleared up before I start those Christmas gifts.

We got our water bill today and man is it high compared to the last one. I think that next year we are going to need to move towards less grass and more of a low maintenance type of landscaping.

Off to get supper started (going with warming things up instead of the soup, we will have that tomorrow).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:26 pm You have to see the damage done on San Carlos Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLCUf830sk

This one is from Sanibel Island per the caption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0wGD_ewnYY
Only a small part in the middle of that second video is Sanibel. Sanibel is very natural with no tall high rises. Most of the rest is Fort Myers Beach.

What devastation.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm Only a small part in the middle of that second video is Sanibel. Sanibel is very natural with no tall high rises. Most of the rest is Fort Myers Beach.

What devastation.
was reading an article in the NYTimes - about DeSatan not wanting to provide federal help after Hurricane Sandy, but now wants federal aid for Florida.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I ended up making a pot of cheeseburger soup....as I was sorting the fridge I discovered 4 carrots that were wobbly,4 limp green onions and I also had bits and pieces of cheeses that need to go, potatoes that were needing used and ground beef that I thought I was making into beef and rice casserole. OMG, good call on the soup, I took some down to the family they are soup eaters. Oh I also used 4 strips of bacon I had cooked, topped with a dollop of sour cream and it was awesome. I did forget to chop the cooked ground beef fine, its chunky and I like it finer. Family loves it. It's such a frugal meal.

MJ, it sounds like you are getting some good deals on produce. That is an excellent price on the potatoes. I love english muffins toasted and spread with homemade jam.

Tomorrow I watch the baby, she is going thru a growth spurt evidentially, she eats all day long LOL but I am prepared.
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:45 am I’m home! I could have stayed at the hotel but there is no place like home. Wi-Fi is not working and even cell seems slow.

It is still very windy. Lots of tree debris in my community and I had to get some branches off my driveway before I could drive into my carport. Power is on.

Driving home was no problem. Lights were out at one major intersection but the sheriff was directing traffic.

No TV without internet but I usually can get the local ABC with my old rabbit ears. I also have a battery radio.

I’m glad to be home.
Glad to hear you’re home safe and sound. With minimal damage. I hope your internet is restored shortly.

Creative