Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

Post by chocolite »

FL Cat, so glad you are home safe and with power.

Good morning, all. I've been awol again, I apologize. My brother is in the hospital in Plant City, FL, which is not too far from FL Cat. My SIL went to her sister's house and rode out the storm there. She doesn't know yet if power is off in the park where they live. I think my brother will be released on Friday, once they know the roads are clear and the hospital opens back up.

I'm so worried for those who rode out the storm on the barrier islands. Sanibel is completely cut off from the mainland, and for how long? Ugh...this was a really bad one.

Things here are plugging along. We went to our niece's wedding in Nashville and so enjoyed being with family. But it was good to get home. Our pet sitter did a wonderful job as always with Hobbes and Audrey. As for Hobbes, we are moving forward with getting the I131 treatment done to fix his thyroid. His blood test and urinalysis came back perfect, so the last thing to be done is a chest x-ray. I have an appointment for that on Monday. Then we can schedule the procedure.

I, unfortunately, tested positive for Covid on Sunday. Ugh. I must've picked it up at the wedding. There were boatloads of people everywhere -- the hotel, the reception. Thankfully, DH doesn't have it. Or if he does, he's asymptomatic. I have had a very light case. I felt really bad Saturday and Sunday, but by Monday I started feeling better. Now, it just feels like typical sinus stuff. I'll do a test over the weekend to make sure it's negative before I take Hobbes to his appointment Monday.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:21 pm It doesn't tell you which tire? Mine has a little light/pic of the tires and the one that is low lights up. my car is a 2007!
Nope. It's a very low-tech little car and I like that about it most of the time.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

chocolite wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:32 pm FL Cat, so glad you are home safe and with power.

Good morning, all. I've been awol again, I apologize. My brother is in the hospital in Plant City, FL, which is not too far from FL Cat. My SIL went to her sister's house and rode out the storm there. She doesn't know yet if power is off in the park where they live. I think my brother will be released on Friday, once they know the roads are clear and the hospital opens back up.

I'm so worried for those who rode out the storm on the barrier islands. Sanibel is completely cut off from the mainland, and for how long? Ugh...this was a really bad one.

Things here are plugging along. We went to our niece's wedding in Nashville and so enjoyed being with family. But it was good to get home. Our pet sitter did a wonderful job as always with Hobbes and Audrey. As for Hobbes, we are moving forward with getting the I131 treatment done to fix his thyroid. His blood test and urinalysis came back perfect, so the last thing to be done is a chest x-ray. I have an appointment for that on Monday. Then we can schedule the procedure.

I, unfortunately, tested positive for Covid on Sunday. Ugh. I must've picked it up at the wedding. There were boatloads of people everywhere -- the hotel, the reception. Thankfully, DH doesn't have it. Or if he does, he's asymptomatic. I have had a very light case. I felt really bad Saturday and Sunday, but by Monday I started feeling better. Now, it just feels like typical sinus stuff. I'll do a test over the weekend to make sure it's negative before I take Hobbes to his appointment Monday.
Patty, I am sorry you have Covid, but thank goodness it's a light case. I hope Hobbes does great with his procedure and feels much better with it done.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:45 am I’m home! I could have stayed at the hotel but there is no place like home. Wi-Fi is not working and even cell seems slow.

It is still very windy. Lots of tree debris in my community and I had to get some branches off my driveway before I could drive into my carport. Power is on.

Driving home was no problem. Lights were out at one major intersection but the sheriff was directing traffic.

No TV without internet but I usually can get the local ABC with my old rabbit ears. I also have a battery radio.

I’m glad to be home.
So glad to hear that you were one of the lucky ones. My niece got through OK as well, no loss of power as of yet so that's good. She works the night shift in a hospital and was told not to report for work until Saturday. They have a special group that stays in situations like this.

I have inlaws in Sarasota. They are all OK but there is concern for one of the nieces who lives on an outside off the coast.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:06 am Good morning

Feeling blah today. No energy. I woke up before the sun came up. Tried to go back to sleep but my mind wouldn't stop thinking of all the things I should be doing - blech. Who wants to clean and organize????

Wah. Now I've had my coffee but it kind of upset my stomach. Maybe I should take the day off?

It is nice and cool outside. Had to put on my fluffy robe.

I need to find the video of the shark swimming in the flooded street

Have a great day.
Here's link to shark video. Scroll to middle of the page

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/viral-video-shows-sharks-swimming-in-flooded-streets-of-fort-myers-amid-hurricane-ian-3388681
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:55 pm Here's link to shark video. Scroll to middle of the page

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/viral-video-shows-sharks-swimming-in-flooded-streets-of-fort-myers-amid-hurricane-ian-3388681
wow - hope it made out of there. :shock: