Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check-in September 29, 2022

Post by icfrugal2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:21 pm It doesn't tell you which tire? Mine has a little light/pic of the tires and the one that is low lights up. my car is a 2007!
my car is 2014, and the light goes on for low air in my tires but doesn't tell which tire.

I go to WheelWorks and they don't charge for checking the tires and putting air in.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal2 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:42 pm my car is 2014, and the light goes on for low air in my tires but doesn't tell which tire.

I go to WheelWorks and they don't charge for checking the tires and putting air in.

IC
The COD took it down to the tire shop down the street. He said he will check it again tomorrow to see if maybe it has a slow leak. The owner is his buddy - so don't know if they charge him.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Couple of books I want to read

Maggie Haberman of the NYTimes has a book coming out on the former President.

And then a sad one about Anthony Bourdain. I loved watching him - just reading the article in the Times about him is so sad.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I went to bed last night at 9:00 pm. I was out almost as soon as my head hit the pillow and got in a full 12 hours. Boy did that ever feel good!

This morning, I picked-up a $10 Orange Shirts with a nice logo of the "Every Child Matters." It was only $10 and I got it for Jay for helping me last week. Orange shirt day is tomorrow but I wore mine today and will wear it tomorrow too. I wore it today as many of the places I might have gone tomorrow will be closed.

I went for lunch downtown today. Another lovely meal. I really love it when they serve ham! We have Canada's largest pork processing facility (McCain's) in Brandon and they donate meat quite often.

I then came home and treated Opal to some more banana chips. She seems to have tried out the treat log I got her too. It is Timothy Hay with other kinds of treats rolled into it.

At 3:00 pm, the Food Rescue Store opened. It is closed tomorrow so I wanted to see what they had today. I got a beautiful head of cauliflower for $1.00! And then for $1.50 3 packages of extra crispy English Muffins. They also had on individually packaged Pasta and Feta Cheese salads. They are SO GOOD! I got 4 of them for lunches for the next couple of days. That was my big take of the afternoon.

I am now back from all my travels and watching the news on the results of Hurricane Ian. WOW did Fort Myers EVER get obliterated. Holy smokes! I don't know what the people are going to do as most don't have insurance and the FEMA coverage (I just read) only covers about $38K. That won't get you a lot in that market and it certainly won't rebuild a home. YIKES!

I have some more cleaning and what not in the kitchen to do. That won't take long.

Tomorrow, our LIon's Club is selling 50 pound bags of potatoes for only $10!! A usual $10 pound bag costs $10!! Being Irish, that doesn't sound like a lot of potatoes! LOL :mrgreen: I believe they will keep well and last almost all winter but I will also likely share with anyone in need. They apparently sell out quickly so I am going VERY early to make sure I get some this week.

I leave home for the weekend tomorrow too. I am Babysitting Lily Gurl while her Pawrents and boy are away until Sunday. I am quite looking forward to it.

Florida,

I am glad you are home safe and sound! Whew!

Patty,

I am sorry you got sick. I hope some Tylenol and lots of rest will put you in the pink again. Prayers for Hobbes as he gets ready for his big surgery!!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

You have to see the damage done on San Carlos Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGLCUf830sk

This one is from Sanibel Island per the caption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0wGD_ewnYY
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - seeing pics on washington post

some houses even caught on fire!

One sheriff said that 100s might have perished!

And the older folks that could not evacuate - almost 100 years old!