Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home from taking my student worker and her cat to the vet. The kitty is so sweet and such a pretty girl, and she was so good about everything.

I went by Ollie's Outlet on the way home and bought some Entemann's ground coffee. Hope it's good: it was a good price.

Supper was some light egg salad, made with one egg and one white, plus light mayo, on Wasa light rye crisp breads with pickles, a pickled beet, and carrot sticks on the side. A rather Nordic nosh, but tasty.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Today is Truth and Reconciliation Day. While not a stat holiday many businesses are giving their employees time off. I visited a bit of the events we had here in my city. It is time we become active participants in the reconciliation between colonizers and our First Nations.

I am worried that my pumpkins are not ripening quickly so I will be placing them in the sunlight more.

We (Hubby and I) got the frame for the garage up today. Needs to be squared and anchored, then we can start putting the cover on it. Lots of work and now Hubby has decided that Thanksgiving is a bit far away and perhaps we can get it up before that. Dang thing is heavier than we thought. I am worried about climbing a ladder to help pull the fabric cover over the frame. I am not the best ladder user as heights terrify me.

Off to get supper on the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ugh - ate more

My niece wanted to go out to eat after school was out. She is a teacher. She came by here and picked me up. We went to a steak house in the city. I call her a speed demon, so it took us no time at all to get there - 25 miles or so.

We had a nice meal - I ordered a half slab of ribs. Of course I had to my their perfect margarita. OMG - so good.

We had a good time chatting and reminiscing. Now I am home and just relaxing. Pups have been out several times.

Good night all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:54 pm Update

Today is Truth and Reconciliation Day. While not a stat holiday many businesses are giving their employees time off. I visited a bit of the events we had here in my city. It is time we become active participants in the reconciliation between colonizers and our First Nations.

I am worried that my pumpkins are not ripening quickly so I will be placing them in the sunlight more.

We (Hubby and I) got the frame for the garage up today. Needs to be squared and anchored, then we can start putting the cover on it. Lots of work and now Hubby has decided that Thanksgiving is a bit far away and perhaps we can get it up before that. Dang thing is heavier than we thought. I am worried about climbing a ladder to help pull the fabric cover over the frame. I am not the best ladder user as heights terrify me.

Off to get supper on the table.
Be careful Jackie. Can y'all wait until the boys are there?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:38 pm Be careful Jackie. Can y'all wait until the boys are there?
I would be more than content to wait for the boys......but then there is Hubby who when he gets a bee in his bonnet about wanting "his" projects done. Once that happens lookout.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/