Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 6 am. I have been busy this morning. I have gathered and put out the trash.

Breakfast was oatmeal.

I will place my H-E-B order for delivery tomorrow. I was still undecided on too many things.

I need to zigzag the edge of 4 fat quarters that came yesterday.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:28 am Good morning all

I feel better today. I even stayed in bed until almost 8. The pack was so quiet. They didn't bark at night - slept right through.

I've had one cup of coffee and will be going out for breakfast at 9. Lets see what I will have. For sure no turkey and dressing yet. Looking forward to turkey and dressing season!!

Have a great day.

Sun is out, a little cool but not as cool as I would like it to be.
If you were a bit closer I'd invite you over as I'm roasting a turkey breast tomorrow. My sister was eligible for a free one and since she doesn't like turkey as much as I do, she gave it to me.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I still do not have Wi-Fi but I’m thankful to have power and cell service. I called Frontier (Internet company) and they were helpful but couldn’t tell me if it was their equipment or mine. I have the feeling it is because of the hurricane but my modem and router are very old. I’m OK without it. Without asking, my cell company, Verizon, has given me unlimited data until Oct. 4. I usually only have 5 gigs.

Since I can only get ABC with my antenna, I rented a Redbox movie, When the Crawdad Sings, for tonight. I read the book and liked it.

I went to mom’s house. The yard was not too bad, not as bad as with Hurricane Irma five years ago. But there were a lot of sticks and branches in the area I call Shady Glen and I got tired and didn’t get it all done. I’ll do more over the weekend. I’m glad this didn’t happen a few weeks ago. I couldn’t have picked up the yard. I’m glad there was no damage to the house.

After lunch I’ll relax.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A beautiful Fall like day here.
My friend in Vero Beach Florida is fine...her yard is a mess..house is fine.
My friend that has a house near Port Charlotte...all the shingles ripped off her roof and the roof has a hole in it. Some of the ceiling in the livingroom is on the floor. All from wind..no water damage. She was on a road trip but is heading straight back to get her house repaired.
DH and I are heading out to our DGD's soccer game...both girls are playing.
Prayers for all dealing with the hurricane's destruction.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good afternoon.

I just had a frosted pumpkin cookie along with my bowl of broccoli cheese soup from Panera. Lets just say I will be a walking here soon.

This morning I had my PT. It was very tiring he put ten pound weights on my ankles and we did alot of weight bearing balance exercises. I have a pile of things to continue at home.

Then I went to the quilt bee I was invited to join (block of the month and book of the month with different themes each month) that I will be doing now once a month. I love quilting meetings but prefer the day, although I will probably go to the monthly guild.

Grabbed panera and came home so no cooking and no dishes, but now I need to walk since I succumbed to the sweet.

I have a grilled chese sandwich and vegetables for later.

Other than that I will do a quick pickup since I ran out the door this morning and knot or sew and read and watch tv in some order this afternoon and evening
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

good afternoon,

It sounds like most of you and your friends are ok. I'm thankful.

watching CNN frightening,

Up at 6 am, it's still dark, so I got some laundry done.

I wait until it's a bit light to walk them

IC