Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Looks like it's going to be a bit of a chilly day today. Right now the sun is out, but it is supposed to get cloudy later this afternoon.

I have a couple of errands to run today. I would have done them on Monday except I have to go for testing on Monday and then I have my Monday Chat and the start of my Coloring Group.

I will probably try to do some more work on my Ancestry project. When that's done, I'll probably read for a while or work on some Sudoku puzzles. I also want to do some logic problems as I have a lot of books to go through.

On tonight's menu is rice and beans and I'm looking forward to that.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Check in for Friday, Sept. 30, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Fri-Yay and the last day of September. Jackie, thanks for merging the check-in threads.

I got to work a bit early this morning and cleaned out the communal kitchen in the older building. It has been a wreck for a couple of weeks. All the dirty dishes went into a trash bag and into the dumpster. Then did the same with the mess on the floor of the other building's laundry room: anything on the floor is automatically trash and goes in the trash cans. These are open-topped cans and anyone curious can look right in them if they wonder where half their socks have gone.

Today I leave work at 2 p.m., as I have a bunch of accrued overtime. I am taking our student worker's cat to the vet, which I hope won't take too long, and then will go home to get a jump on the weekend chores.

The family and I went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant last night, which I have decided is far better on Thursday nights than Fridays. I ate half a delicious steak fajita quesadilla and brought the other half for my lunch today. That quesadilla is quite large and is $7.96, which for two meals is pretty frugal.

Hope you all have a good day and things are improving down FloridaCat's way.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 30, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Mackie, I merged the two threads for Check in together. Logics and you both posted at the same time.

I had a little difficulty getting in the forum this morning, for some reason I was logged out last night (I never log out) and then it was difficult getting my name and password accepted. I will need to try the other places I don't log out of a bit later and see if I have been logged out.

Tasks for today are dusting, vacuuming, tidying the living room, going to get our allowances, and picking up the Bible Study books at the church offices. I will also pick the garden (may as well get all that I can), and help Hubby put the sides of the garage frame. He says he is going to wait until the DS's come home before putting the cover on, but I have a bad feeling that the two of us will be doing so. I believe he thinks he needs to prove a point to our oldest DS. Could be wrong about that, but just a feeling none the less.

The temperature is supposed to drop a bit today and tomorrow which will make working outside just a tiny bit easier to handle.

I would also like to finish a few tasks from the previous days this week, I kind of put a few off for perhaps a bit too long. I seem to be procrastinating a bit more than usual lately. Now that is something that definitely needs improving.

I do hope to get another couple of strips done on the quilt flimsy, but what with getting household tasks completed and helping Hubby that just might not happen. I will probably knit this evening though.

Supper tonight is going to be the last jars of the condensed tomato soup I made last fall (thawed now) and grilled cheese sandwiches (must start a loaf of bread as soon as I get back from my walk).

Today I am grateful that both our sons will be home a week from today for a couple of days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I feel better today. I even stayed in bed until almost 8. The pack was so quiet. They didn't bark at night - slept right through.

I've had one cup of coffee and will be going out for breakfast at 9. Lets see what I will have. For sure no turkey and dressing yet. Looking forward to turkey and dressing season!!

Have a great day.

Sun is out, a little cool but not as cool as I would like it to be.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Once again up at too early o'clock, thank you dogs....not :roll: Tonight, I am shutting them out of my bedroom.
I have the baby and she just got her britches changed and went down for a nap. once she got her feet under her and started walking, she has really taken off. LOL she loves rocking chairs and can really get them going. I need to get the child's rocker out of the garage attic and clean it up for her. It was my girls rocker so has some age on it but solid wood and well balanced.

I got a tele call from one of my buddies from my old work place, he knows the fiance passed and that I would be needing firewood, offered me 3 loads and I said sure. I will pay him but he said he would only take a small amount. I will either tip him or give him a gift cert. I am so thankful.

Other than taking care of the little one, not much happening here today. Plenty to eat and water to drink so covered there. Sun is shining and while it is chilly this AM, supposed to warm up.
Tomorrow is outside chores and winterizing the camper. Sunday we might be getting together as a family, if not i will take the day to do whatever....
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The laptop is still wonky but I think I have figured a few things out, and at least I did not have to login once again. Still the way I need to get my way in is going to cause a few extra steps.

I walked to the bank for my morning excursion and got our allowances out. Before that I dusted and tidied the living room. Just a few things off my list. Hopefully a few more before Hubby needs my help with the legs on the Shelterit frame.

Off to see what I can get done next, or what the laptop is going to make me do to visit all my sites.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/