Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:54 am The news from here..DH has COVID. He started to feel sick last night and tested positive this morning. Coughing..achy...headache.
We are as vaxed and boosted as possible..so hopefully this will not be terrible.
So far I am negative. My plan is to spend the day cooking so if I do get it..we will be set for food.
Oh no. I hope he has a very mild case and I hope you stay clear of infections.

I still have to make an appointment for us to get another booster.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Oh Trees I hope your hubby has a very light case and you don't get it at all.
FloridaCat, maybe when you make the move to your mom's house and you keep your car in the garage the neighborhood will not use your garage for a storage unit. I think I would have been irked also.

Jackie, the garage/shelter thing you are installing looks like my what I call a "shelter house". I got mine used and the kids all put it together, I store my gator, 2 lawn tractors and all of my planting stuff in it and have had it for at least 10 years. I will need some holes patched in the cover at some point but that's what happens when you have it in a woods with big trees all round. It is very handy.

I have been busy today, slept well after closing the dogs out of my room.
I have the camper all cleaned and winterized. Laundry done and, on the lines, house chores completed. I also have all of the angelwing begonias repotted and, in the house. I did discover that the pieces that broke off while potting outside this last spring, had rooted where I shoved them into the pot, so thats cool. Lets me know I can do the same thing again if needed. Works better for me that trying to root in water.
I have also pulled the gladiolas and am letting them dry, next up are the Dahlias but they are still very green in their pots. It looks very bare in my flower garden right now. :(

I did leave the outdoor rug and furniture around the firepit, I know it will still be used for awhile yet and it doesn't take long to sweep off and put away.
Going to make me a cuppa and go back out to enjoy this beautiful day.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm just here watching Monk

They started with the first episode. Why did I never know that was the first one - boy talk about not being a Monk and noticing it. :D
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon all. I slept in and have been toiling away: cleaned the house, did the shopping, and did part of my laundry. Right now there is some dog laundry in the washer.

I also did a minor repair to a bookcase, having bought the wooden pegs to do it a couple of weeks ago. And we received our Chewy order today, so I rearranged the pantry a bit so the bags of dog and cat food would fit. It was $160 and was not a full order, which would have been about $205. Thank goodness it lasts quite a while.

Tomorrow I plan to bathe the dogs, do some sewing and make spaghetti and a salad for supper.

I really wanted to go to Big Lots today and use their 20% off coupon to buy coffee and maybe some plant pots, but am too tired to do it now. My back is bothering me some and I feel like sitting down for a whole.

Trees, I hope you stay well and your husband is going to get well soon.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I wore my orange shirt for CANADA's National Truth and Reconciliation Day. As I ran errands I listened to the special radio shows they had on for the day. They were very interesting. I felt so bad for those kids. I remember seeing my Metis Grandma Georgie's school photos of all the Metis Kids with their hair cut all the same and wearing uniforms. She never talked about it. I only discovered the family "secret" when I moved to Canada and Grandma Georigie's sisters' husbands were either status First Nations or Metis. It was to be a big secret in the 1930s when Grandma Georgie got married. Race mixing and all that. My "mother" always said she spoke French but when a friend of mine who was a 100% Francophone from Quebec met her, he said, "She understands French but she doesn't speak it." No, she didn't. She spoke the Metis language, Michif. I wish I had known earlier and I would have seen if she would have told me about going to school. She is from a well known Metis settlement, St. Laurent, Manitoba.

I went to Safeway and picked up some groceries and snacks to take with me while dog sitting Lily Gurl and Charlee this weekend. I am babysitting Lily Gurl until early tomorrow afternoon and this afternoon I am hanging out with my little Charlee. I asked permission from Lily Gurl's Mum if I could hang out with Charlee while her pawrents to in to Winnipeg to a Jets game for Gary's Birthday. She said, "Of course!" She works with Charlee's Mom out at the Shilo military base. I put Lily out at about 1:30 pm and then left for Charlee's. I'll go back to let Lily Gurl out around 7:00 pm and then return to hang out with Charlee until about 10:30 pm or maybe 11:00. She'll then be left sleeping in her chair while I go back to have bed time snacks and hanging out with Lily Gurl.

I also got my 50 pounds of potatoes for $10.00 yesterday. Holy SMOLY! The line that I got into was at least 4 blocks long! It was the local Lions Club's fundraiser for the year. I was kinda freaked out that they'd be sold out before I got there! I could see people buying $40.00 worth (200 pounds!!) and such but there, I know a lot of people were buying for family and others that had to work yesterday. I waited in line patiently and listened to the special radio programs. They were so interesting I didn't mind waiting however long it took. I think I waited about 45 minutes. They had a good traffic control system set-up. As I drove out, I could see they had another 4 block long line of people waiting! I sure hope they got their potatoes too! It was such an excellent price for 50 pounds! When my Irish side gets a hankering for smashed tatoes, I'm glad to have a good stockpile to select from at home! I'll have to see if I can haul them in the house or if I'll have to get the help of a neighbor.

Last night, I had half of a HUGE dagwood sandwich I bought from the deli in Safeway. It worked out to be $4.25 per sandwich as I had the other half for lunch today. It was really tasty and even had sliced roast beef on it! I'm hankering for a coffee right now! I've only had water and a Diet Pepsi so far. Supper tonight will be while I am back with Lily Gurl and when she goes out for the night I'll have supper.

I got to Charlee's house and let out of her crate. I got lots of lovin' and cuddles from her. For the first hour she just cuddled and snoozed in my lap. She is now snoozing in the chair next to me. She is so lovely when she isn't being a "yappy little doggo!"

I'm going to get up early tomorrow morning as the Minnesota Vikings (and I got remember what the other team is) are playing in London, UK tomorrow. I think the game starts at 8:00 am Central Time. I'll check that tonight when I get back to Lily's house.

That's the full skinny from around here!

HappyDaze,

I hope your hubby just has a slight case of Covid and you don't catch it. I think it is a great idea to do some cooking today, just in case. Smart thinking!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Update: I spent some money today: did the rest of the Chewy order (ouch!), ordered a kitchen calendar for next year and some spices I had run out of. Penzey's was offering two free spice blends to try out, so that was nice.

I also hand washed some bras and hung them on the drying rack, swept the bathroom floor, put up the clothesline on the back porch and hung up the dog bedding, and hand stitched up the waistband of some yoga pants that suddenly are too loose to safely wear in public.
Mackie