Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have my sheets in the dryer the quilt in the washer. The clean bottom sheet is on my bed.

My groceries are mostly away. They were out of three items, the Mootopia Vanilla milk some mints, and a tiny spray bottle.

I made ice coffee this morning. So I am enjoying it now. I goofed this morning when heating my muffins. I thought it was on 30% power and it was on full power and they were rocks so I pitched them and had a small bowl of cereal.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

The news from here..DH has COVID. He started to feel sick last night and tested positive this morning. Coughing..achy...headache.
We are as vaxed and boosted as possible..so hopefully this will not be terrible.
So far I am negative. My plan is to spend the day cooking so if I do get it..we will be set for food.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Happy Saturday Frugal Friends! We are in my favorite month of the year. :)

Trees, I wish a speedy recovery to your DH and hope you won't get sick too!!!

I got to sleep in this morning then walked the dogs and made hash browns and toast for breakfast. Have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning - it must be done.

We have a beautiful day here - sunny and warm but not too warm. Tomorrow morning a big marathon goes right past my house, promptly at 8 a.m. Lucy dog and I will be out on the porch to watch as the pacers and runners get set to get going. It's an annual tradition and always makes me happy.

I had a nice visit with my friend last night. She came over here. She has decided not to retire next spring after all, she is going to try to hang on till age 62 - so she has 3 years to go.

I'm off to get some cooking started. Have a great day everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:05 am Good morning it's mid fifties with a high in the high eighties this afternoon.

I'm about to make a couple frozen biscuits or such for breakfast. I had another one of those "I woke up at two am starving" days and I made scrambled eggs and then went back to bed for another foru hours. I have got to increase the protein at every meal and use up allm y calories. Skipping meals and the going hungry thing does not work for me. I had panera last night which was great but no protein at all.

Don'tknow my plans this morning. I will probably do a quick pickup and perhaps work on the outdoor storage room for a little while before heading into the sewing room for awhile.

My daughter is taking me to a wreath making class this afternoonf or my birthday. I will end up with a nice fall wreath and then we will probbly go out to dinner.

Today I will only walk in the house as it is the day after pt, and tomorrow I will add some weight stuff.
Your wreath making class sounds like so much fun! That is just the type of “craft” that I’d enjoy. I hope you’ll put a picture of your wreath on your blog.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:54 am The news from here..DH has COVID. He started to feel sick last night and tested positive this morning. Coughing..achy...headache.
We are as vaxed and boosted as possible..so hopefully this will not be terrible.
So far I am negative. My plan is to spend the day cooking so if I do get it..we will be set for food.
Get well soon to your DH and I hope you don’t get it.

I must say I have not been very careful lately and don’t have my new booster. I’m going to start wearing my mask again at least sometimes.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:54 am The news from here..DH has COVID. He started to feel sick last night and tested positive this morning. Coughing..achy...headache.
Wishing your husband a speedy recovery and the hope that you will remain negative.