Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

An on and off again rainy weekend, the remnants of Ian but with "normal" wind gusts.

Nothing special happening today . . . it's a same old, same old kind of day. My morning routine for the day is complete and I have my Sat chat. I will be putting my turkey breast in the oven around 3P as for its size it says to cook it for 2-1/4 to 3 hours and when finished let sit for 20-30 minutes.

I read that turkeys are at $6.70 a lb right now and I'm thankful for having gotten the free turkey breast from my sister. For Thanksgiving I have some turkey legs in the freezer (my favorite part of the turkey) so I consider myself fortunate. While I usually make something for Thanksgiving, I will probably buy out for Christmas like I've done the last two years.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.

If anyone wants a preview of the Christmas movies search for the site "It's a Wonderful Movie". In menu at top of page click on Christmas movies 2022. If you go to Friday, October 21 and click on the title "Noel Next Door", it will take you to a page with the synopses of all the new Hallmark movies.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Logics, $6.70/lb for turkey is really shocking.

Trees, I’m sorry about your friend’s house in Port Charlotte and hope they can find a roofer right away. I think that roofers will have more business than they can handle.

I just got a text from Frontier that they are working on my internet outage. I’m fortunate to have power since there are still many without it in my county.

This morning I’m going to watch the movie I rented. I didn’t watch it last night because I decided to go back to mom’s house and finish (mostly) cleaning up the yard. I got irked with the neighbor because the pot from my step was nowhere to be found. I asked him to put it in my garage. He had asked if he could put his kayak in my garage and it turned out that he also put all their patio furniture, dozens of pots and pots from the other neighbor. He was removing everything yesterday but it irked me when my one pot went missing. It turned out he had put it at the other neighbor’s house. The neighbor with the kayak doesn’t have a garage but the other neighbor has one. I want to be neighborly but I did get annoyed.

I got some sad and shocking news from my cousin in RI. His son’s wife, age 54, is on hospice. It turns out she has had a severe drinking problem for years and it caught up with her. I had no idea. She was never friendly to me but I’m still sad and am praying for her.

It’s a nice day so I’ll get outside for a bit after the movie. I cleaned up my entry area yesterday but some of my plants in pots took a real beating so I trimmed them but might get rid of some of them.

Have a good day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning it's mid fifties with a high in the high eighties this afternoon.

I'm about to make a couple frozen biscuits or such for breakfast. I had another one of those "I woke up at two am starving" days and I made scrambled eggs and then went back to bed for another foru hours. I have got to increase the protein at every meal and use up allm y calories. Skipping meals and the going hungry thing does not work for me. I had panera last night which was great but no protein at all.

Don'tknow my plans this morning. I will probably do a quick pickup and perhaps work on the outdoor storage room for a little while before heading into the sewing room for awhile.

My daughter is taking me to a wreath making class this afternoonf or my birthday. I will end up with a nice fall wreath and then we will probbly go out to dinner.

Today I will only walk in the house as it is the day after pt, and tomorrow I will add some weight stuff.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

A bit of a cool down happening along with cloudy skies and possible rain this afternoon. I plan on putting the pumpkins on the railing to see if getting more sun will help them ripen. I can also put some on the bench and chairs down by the firepit.

By the middle of next week temperatures are supposed to fall below freezing so whatever is in the garden whether it is full grown or not, will be coming in. I did find a couple of rather large potatoes Hubby left behind and I thought I saw a group of baby sized hidden in there under some pumpkin vine.

I now have a meeting on Wednesday evening, but at least I get a free "light supper" whatever that means. It could be leftovers for Hubby that night. Then it will need to be something quick and easy to prepare when I get home from the
Bible study on Wednesday from now on. Must check over the monthly menu and see if I have prepared for that properly.

I don't have many tasks for today, I need to sweep floors, send in my scan, and call my brother (yes that is a rather large task, but other than when he attends the program and when his friend calls, I am the only one to talk to him). I also have recycling and a bagful of refuse to put in their respective bins.

I am hoping to get a bit of sewing done today between the various steps of making moussaka (clearing the eggplants out of the fridge) and I think that come Monday I will be making Biriokes (Cabbage bread/buns as we call them) to clear out the cabbage. It seems to be harder and harder to get ready for the long, cold winter each year. Mind you it could also be because the harvest is taking place the latest it has ever been. Usually by the end of September all is harvested and processed, this year tomatoes are taking over the hallway, with yet more green tomatoes out there, immature peppers and eggplant are still on the plants, and there are many pumpkins that need to ripen. It could in fact be the end of October before all is completed.

I plan on getting what I can done on my quilt and the knitted blanket from now up until the time the sons head home after their visit for Thanksgiving. After that it will be full steam ahead on their Christmas gifts. I may cut out Hubby's while they are around cause Hubby never notices what I am sewing. Once in a while he will make the comment, "What ya building." Other than that nothing.

As I mentioned before supper tonight is going to be moussaka. I need to go and get some things prepared before I go for my walk this morning. Better sign off for now.

Today I am grateful for all the choices we have today compared to years past.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I turned off my 5 AM alarm but left the 6:05. But I slept through the radio playing for an hour. It is nice the feel like I have all day. I am meeting my friends for dinner. Right now it is low 50's with a high of 68. Beautiful! So the door to the balcony is open.

I am watching my Sat morning cooking shows. I have some quilt squares to pin and then stitch. I am making a list of things I want to do and accomplish during my week off.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a nice cool sunny morning. Slept well. Wanted to stay in bed, but got up at 8. Not too bad.

Slept with the window open and will probably pay for that later - lots of sneezing.

I ate so much yesterday - a big breakfast and then a big dinner. Should have just had a salad. Oh well it was fun.

Think I will just relax today. The pack is all asleep again. Boy they love to snooze.

Have a great day.

Happy October 1st!