Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

We ordered in from our favorite Mexican place. Son in law went to pick it up and when he got it home totally the wrong order, 2 burritos , 6 chicken street tacos, 2 quesadillas and 2 giant cups of cheese sauce and 5 bags of chips along with a huge cup of salsa, 2 cups of hot salsa, pico de gallo 2 beef soft tacos.
They said come back and we will refund the difference and give you your order, so we have food for lunches all week and our order was wonderful.

MJ, that sounds a lot like a story in my family, my granny told me that her great grandmother was married to a Native American (her great grandfather) and that it was a big family secret because Native Americans were looked down on. The story goes that he came out of the mountains and claimed to be either Portuguese or something else (she couldn't remember). He married my relative and they kept to themselves, and it was not discussed. I asked as many questions as I could, but I was in my late teens so probably didn't ask the right ones because she would only say it wasn't to be spoken about. Dad and I discussed it many times and he had no info either, so I got a DNA test, and we did his ancestry DNA...it came back 37.8 % native American so there was some on both sides of his family. I still have the info and need to get it out and try to decipher it better. He was so happy to have family lore somewhat confirmed. So sad there has been so much prejudice. We used a DNA test from National Geographic.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a calm peaceful day, weather is supposed to be great. I hope to have a fire in the pit.

JCKItty
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in October 1, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:47 pm Update:

We ordered in from our favorite Mexican place. Son in law went to pick it up and when he got it home totally the wrong order, 2 burritos , 6 chicken street tacos, 2 quesadillas and 2 giant cups of cheese sauce and 5 bags of chips along with a huge cup of salsa, 2 cups of hot salsa, pico de gallo 2 beef soft tacos.
They said come back and we will refund the difference and give you your order, so we have food for lunches all week and our order was wonderful.

MJ, that sounds a lot like a story in my family, my granny told me that her great grandmother was married to a Native American (her great grandfather) and that it was a big family secret because Native Americans were looked down on. The story goes that he came out of the mountains and claimed to be either Portuguese or something else (she couldn't remember). He married my relative and they kept to themselves, and it was not discussed. I asked as many questions as I could, but I was in my late teens so probably didn't ask the right ones because she would only say it wasn't to be spoken about. Dad and I discussed it many times and he had no info either, so I got a DNA test, and we did his ancestry DNA...it came back 37.8 % native American so there was some on both sides of his family. I still have the info and need to get it out and try to decipher it better. He was so happy to have family lore somewhat confirmed. So sad there has been so much prejudice. We used a DNA test from National Geographic.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a calm peaceful day, weather is supposed to be great. I hope to have a fire in the pit.

JCKItty
The National Geograghic Genome Project DNA test was the first one our oldest ever did.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/