Daily Check In October 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In October 2, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

We had our chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, corn and pickled beets and it was so good. Then we cleaned up that mess and made a big pan of popcorn and settled down for a movie...Hocus Pocus 2. It was cute and we had a fun time.
While watching the movie I worked on a Barbie head, the kind kids play beauty shop with. 8-year-old had installed lots of hair ties and I was tasked with getting them out. That hair was a rat's nest but I got them out LOL.
Came home and just relaxing for a minute. Need to run through the bath and get myself ready for bed.
Tomorrow, I need to get some sticks picked up and some brush cut out of the pine trees. I need to get ready for the eventual falling of leaves.

We picked up some chestnuts after supper and before the movie, we have picked up so many I think the son in law is going to try to trade some with someone that has pumpkins. I think that would be cool.

Hoping this coming week will be mellow. I am ready for cozy evenings and easy breezy days.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It has been nice here. Temps didn't go over 85. The central air just came on a few times. Thank goodness - I hate hearing that thing running - lol

The COD's big dog is loving being outside. He wants to stay out there all night! They have a nice comfy elevated bed to relax on out there. During the summer he goes out to do his thing and comes right back in. He is enjoying the cool weather.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Interesting looks like they have identified the person that "tricked" the immigrants to go to Martha's Vineyard.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/02/us/migrants-marthas-vineyard-desantis-texas.html

What is weird is that these people were here in Texas in San Antonio. She was a former Army intelligence officer.