Daily Check In October 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In October 2, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning. Thanks everyone for the best wishes for my DH. He started the antiviral meds yesterday. The cough meds helped him sleep better last night
I put a cooler up in our bedroom for him so he can get drinks and cold snacks when he wants them.
We both mask up when I bring him meals.
Our DDIL dropped off a big pot of homemade soup.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Up and piddling around, my coffee maker finally died this AM. I have cleaned and worked on it so many times but this time it is finito. I have plenty of percolators (I collect chrome vintage ones) so getting my coffee is not an issue. But I will replace it at some point.

I have laundry done and put away and bed changed, robo-vac has done its thing and hair done. make-up on so ready to start my day.

I have my heat on but turned very low so a little chilly this AM but wrapped and sweatered, so okay. It is sunny so should warm up soon.

We are going to make chicken and noodles this evening, requested by the grands and it is getting cool enough that it will be enjoyable.

No real plans today and that is okay, I do need to make a to-do list (monthly) and get my calendar set. Fall break is coming up and I want that week clear for childcare if needed.

FloridaCat, be careful and don't overdo it.

Off to do whatever,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, the year is nearly over and you have been very generous with helping out family. HappyDaze, your basket sounds awesome.

I woke up early and have been working: repaired the pajamas DH bought from Amazon that the seat busted out of on the second wearing by adding a gusset, gave the dogs a bath and trimmed up any trouble spots on them, and I have dustmopped the laminate floors and used Bona spray cleaner on them. I peeled the masking tape off the bookshelf I put new pegs in yesterday and it looks good.

DH is in the back yard cleaning off the old patio bricks and having DS periodically come out to stack them in a formerly weedy nook of the yard. Eventually the concrete patio area will look decent again.

I have a hankering for beef-veggie-barley soup and may make a small pot of it. DH can eat it with sandwiches this week too.

It's sunny and chilly today, supposed to be like that for the next ten days.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:58 am Good morning all.

It's going to be a cool, and partially rainy day here today but since I have no plans to go out it doesn't really matter.

Have done some sorting of paperwork this morning, some that I'll just toss and some that needs to be shredded first. I was going to take the pieces needing shredding to the county facility but there really isn't enough to make it worth the effort. I'll just have to shred a little at a time.

I don't know what I did differently yesterday, but my turkey breast came out so juicy it was amazing. After plucking it off the bones (I wish I knew how to make soup but I don't . . . mine either came out too thin or too greasy the few times I tried), I had a dinner plate filled from side to side about 4 inches high. But I'll not have any problem finishing it off.

I wrote myself a note to put on my keyboard reminding me tomorrow morning, no coffee or fruit, only water, as I have to go for bloodwork for my wellness visit coming up on Friday. I used to be able to get in at 7:30 but when the pandemic hit, they switched the lab hours to a 9:00A time start.

Well, that's it for now. Have a good day.
When I make chicken soup - I first make the stock using the bones and bits left over. Let that cool down and chill in the fridge. The fat will rise to the top, I then scoop that off and I also strain the stock in order to get rid of any of bits of bones. Then I use the stock to make the soup - adding whatever i think will be tasty.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I have already been out and about!

I slept well. The first time I woke up was 4am. That is like a record - lol. Then again at almost 7. I finally got up at 8:30

The day started out rough - first world problems - my TV remote had some powdery stuff on it. Realized it was the batteries. And I can't get the darn thing open. And this "smart" Tv has no buttons on it - no on and off switch - things you can use manually. What the heck. I was already going to sit and order a new one - all because of the darn remote. But I settled down and decided later I will set up my DTV to operate the thing. I was just lazy.

So I relaxed and decided i want crockpot chicken and dressing - so took off to the store - got what I needed and it is cooking! MMMnnn

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up much later than usual, well after 7:30.

My daughter made a flying visit, dropped off the pillows she borrowed last July. I gave her a screwdriver That boyfriend had given me. I had needed the smaller sizes and thus bought a set. I also gave her the dog toy.

Penny

Edited to correct typo