Daily Check In October 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In October 2, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Gas was $2.98/gallon at my regular station
(I do not need gas.) That is the lowest I saw except a similar price when I went by Sam’s Club ($2.99). I have not seen gas below $3 in a long time.

I went to mom’s house before the library and did a few things. There was a big branch on the ligustrum hedge I hadn’t noticed but I got it off. I swept the garage. On Friday night I put two pots on neighbor’s step that didn’t belong to me. She put them back on my step so I put them on other neighbor’s sidewalk along with another pot in my garage that doesn’t belong to me.

I got three dvds, two books and a puzzle at the library. My regular library is closed on Sunday but this other library has a much better selection of dvds. (I noticed they even had many seasons of Monk!)
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH and I made a trip to Big Lots after lunch today. I bought three bags of coffee, bar soap, toothbrushes, a bag of puppy pads, a four pack of Green Giant green beans, a chocolate bar for DS, and a bag of pistachios. A lot of stuff was not a good price, but I think we did well on what we bought.

DH tried out some recliners and found one he liked, but they had only the display model and would not sell it. So that saved us $400. :-D
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been a good day. Walked the dogs a couple times. Watched an old movie from 1942 - Whispering Ghosts. I like to watch something a LITTLE bit spooky this time of year but not the gore and fright of more modern movies. I must say there are some racial puns and such in this movie that are offensive and would NOT be acceptable today.

Winding down the day, looking for another movie to watch and supper will be "snacky stuff" - a can of peaches, a sliced apple, some toast with sun butter, and a cup of immune boost tea, because I'm even too lazy to heat something up.

It's getting more chilly out and the wind is picking up. I'm looking forward to cozying p under my pile of blankets with the windows open. Have a good night, friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Getting used to the rather large screen, but I am enjoying the fact that I don't have to hunt and peck that tiny phone keyboard.

I managed to get the few tasks necessary completed and even got the tomato sauce finished. There are a few computer programs I still need to download onto the TV, but I can take my time with that.

Supper is started and I plan on getting the table set and then doing a short blog post and visit my blogging buddies.

I didn't get any sewing done, but I have gotten some knitting completed.

Talk to you all later. I need to check something out on my box.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Got the beef-vegetable-barley soup made and it was delicious. I went light on the barley to save on carbs, but it will puff up overnight in the broth and seem like more tomorrow.

It's windy, turning cloudy and getting chilly this evening. We could use some rain. There's so much dust and pollen that Lily Dog is miserable, even though she had a bath today. We gave her a predisone tablet a while ago for the itching and head-shaking, but it has not kicked in yet.

There is so much stuff to do around the house. I could do with another weekend starting tomorrow.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:06 pm Got the beef-vegetable-barley soup made and it was delicious. I went light on the barley to save on carbs, but it will puff up overnight in the broth and seem like more tomorrow.

It's windy, turning cloudy and getting chilly this evening. We could use some rain. There's so much dust and pollen that Lily Dog is miserable, even though she had a bath today. We gave her a predisone tablet a while ago for the itching and head-shaking, but it has not kicked in yet.

There is so much stuff to do around the house. I could do with another weekend starting tomorrow.
mmm - that soup sounds so good. I made my crockpot chicken and dressing. Ate a big plate!!