Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Stopped in for a moment as today is going to be a busy day for me.

They've turned on the fall weather as we're now in the high 50s. And in fact I'm a bit surprised as we woke up to heat being on this morning. Usually it's not turned on until at least the 15th.

Busy day today. Have to run to the lab, come back for my Monday chat, grab a quick lunch and then run out to my Coloring group.

Tonight I'm going to make fajitas for dinner.

Will check in later to see what is going on. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Logics and everyone. I noticed frost on my car when I took the dogs out about an hour ago. I have to wear short sleeves today for my flu shot but I have a dressy jacket to wear over my short sleeved blouse.

The cats have slept in today - they usually come running when they hear me bring the dogs out but as it turns colder they don't show up until later.

I need a new phone before too long. I paid $11 for the one I've been using for about 5 years so it doesn't owe me anything but it's starting to act up. Tracfone has a selection of refurbished phones ranting from about $14 to over $100 - I just need to select one.

Off to get ready for work. Have a great Monday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I am enjoying a leisurely morning to start off my PTO week. I will head out in 35-40 minutes for my annual mammogram.

I think I will also log into work. I got my login for my client's system on Friday, but had to wait for overnight processing, so I do want to make the initial login. Otherwise I hope to do some sewing. I have several tops that I want to add some shirring to to make them a bit less "blousy". They need to be larger to go over my bust, but I'd like them to skim my body rather than make an "A" line.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I opened my drapes to the outside this morning and we are getting some rain. That cuts a couple of items off my household tasks for today, at least until it dries up a touch.

i have a rather long list today, but I am hopeful of getting the vast majority of said list completed. I was so worried about getting back up online that I forgot t do the monthly budget. I will be pulling out the laptop and getting that and the other paperwork done. I also would really like to get some baking done. Those are just a few of the added tasks that I hope to get done along with all the regular Monday tasks.

So this is a short check in. I will be back a bit later and let you know how all has gone.

Good thing that supper tonight is the Moussaka warmed up. Doubt I will get to cook very much at all today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Good morning,

As you are saying, a short check in.

Got up a bit before 6 am, baking bread today,

No going out for breakfast, we will go out for lunch instead

The bread calls for folding once an hour for 5 hours before a 2-4 hour rest.

I'll do a fold at 7am then take the dogs out, it's too daek right now anyway.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It's been a hectic Monday morning. Every time the phone rings it's a peeved mother and those are always long conversations. I already kicked off my day by gloving up and picking up trash, so it's not been fun so far.

Still absolutely no word on the transfer I applied for at work. One of my colleagues applied for a different position in the department and her application was ignored, so I suspect the same thing has happened to mine. She got mad and turned in her resignation, citing that as a reason.

Not a lot on the frugal front except that I brought my lunch today and am wearing a cute thrifted outfit (as usual). I need to go make some tea -- haven't even gotten to that yet.

We spent a bunch of money this weekend, as I did some stocking up on coffee and other items at a couple of clearance/discount stores and the trip to the grocery store Saturday was expensive. DH did go ahead and buy the recliner he found, as Big Lots had a 20% off coupon going. I hope it turns out to be a good one. His old one is falling apart. We have already repaired it a couple of times but it's just not holding up.

I put in to take some time off in the middle of this month so that DH and I can thoroughly clean out and organize our garage. It's reaching Pretty Horrible status. I can barely get my car in there right now.

Last night's promise of some rain was just a tease. We really need rain: it is so dusty! The dogs run around the edges of the back yard where the grass is dead and drag in dust on their long coats, so they are dirty and the floors get dirty. I cannot get over how dirty the filter on the HVAC is getting every month. It's a three-month filter but I have to change it every month.

Hope you all have a frugal and pleasant day.
Mackie