Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Woke up feeling like I have no energy at all. Put the boys out around 7 and I went back to bed. Had to force myself to get up to bring them back in. They weren't crying or anything but to me it was a little chilly out there. They came in right away.

I had to have two cups of coffee this morning. That used to be my usual, but I don't know. Maybe after Covid, my stomach and tastes have changed? I wasn't drinking any for a while there.

I feel like just staying in my robe today. It is kind of overcast out there.

Hope all have a great day.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Up and been busy, I slept well. I really think shutting the dogs out of the bedroom is helping. In some ways I hate to do it as they are both old and crunchy and really just want to be close to me. If I go somewhere they both just want all over me when I get home.
I have a load of dog towels and rugs out on the lines and have watered the plants that I just planted recently in the flower bed.
Like Mackie we could use some rain, we have been dry for 10 days and it is dusty.
I have bread started and will bake it off when ready. It will take longer to rise today because the house is not warm.
Plenty of Mexican leftovers for lunch and they thaw in a snap so easy-peasy.
I made peanut butter cookies yesterday and took some to movie night, they were gone in a flash so they must have sounded good to them also. LOL
After the bread is done, I will probably do floors. I need to go out and pick up sticks but waiting right now on the renter to bring rent money and if I am out when she gets here she will want to jabber, and I am not up for that right now.

I think I am going to make the bread into 1/2 regular and 1/2 cinnamon raisin. In a pullman loaf pan .
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Decided to plug in the laptop and do my budget for last month. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I really don't need the internet for that as I already had hard copies to file.

Plugged it in, glanced down and see I once again have internet on the darn thing. My WIFI is back up and running. I just don't know what is going on.

I have quickly downloaded some banking info for this month, and I am hoping that this lasts until Saturday when I have to send in my scan for points.

I am at a loss to know what is causing this problem.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all. groceries came and mainly put away, and I have taken a walk with my walker. I need to hit a cash machine alter otherwise I would put on a housedress since I am staying at home.

dunno for dinner. I have chili (but beef is still thawing) chicken stuffing casserole, and a sheet pan dish with sausage planned for this week along with hot dogs on hand. I plan to freeze at least two servings of the sheet pan and the stuffing bake and multiples of the chili. so that I have food on hand to heat uo.

I was talking with my daughter and she says (and I agree) that I really need to get all of the "doing" out of the way in the morning or by one or so and that may mean cooking in the morning and then reheating what ive cooked since all my physical spoons seem to be gone by midafternoon. My brain is still alert but my energy is nill although I try and walk a bit after dinner. We'll see. today no houseowrk as such has been done but I got the groceries done, the trash out and my walk so Im calling it a win.

Sitting at my sewing table making piles to cut, to sew, and future projects in individual bags.

I am going to try and make a couple picture frame wreath and this afternoon I may paint the frames before sewing.

the picture of my wreath and my birthday din din are on my blog.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept until 8 and got a good rest.

I’m mostly having a quiet day. I washed my sheets and have them put away. I’m reading a book about the Duchess of Windsor and working on a puzzle. Before the storm, I dismantled the 1,000-piece puzzle I was working on even though I wasn’t done. When I got home I decided to do a 500-piece puzzle instead. The puzzle I got from the library is also 500 pieces but looks hard. They had a pretty good selection of 300, 500 and 1,000-piece puzzles.

Later I’ll go to mom’s house and put out my 6 bags of yard debris. I think I’ll drag them to the driveway (like mom did sometimes) instead of carrying them. I’m hoping to trim the ixora, too.

I have 2 B1G1 coupons for my Natural Instincts hair color up to $7.99. I got them from inserts in the free newspaper at my house and mom’s house. I’ll try to use them today at Walmart. Even before the pandemic, CVS charged over $9 when not on sale and they are not on sale this week so I’m sure their price is $10-$12/box so I’m not going there. Walgreens doesn’t carry it and Publix seems to be phasing it out at least at my store. The coupons are only good through 10/7.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackie, if I remember, you had mentioned family of yours goes to Florida every year. How did there place make out?