Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check=in October 3, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I was busy on the weekend with my doggo friends. Saturday, I double babysat Lily Gurl and Charlee. It was an overcast day so both of them mostly sacked out. Even my yappy little Charlee girl just went outside, a few barks and back inside. She cuddled in my lap for over an hour. That makes me happy! I just LOVE this gig when it comes up and love all my doggo buddies. I was to babysit Charlee again tomorrow while Gary and Tannis went in to Winnipeg for a Ringo Starr concert but he came down with COVID and the show will be rescheduled. I told Tannis, "That's okay, Charlee and I will hang out anyway. You and Gary better find someplace to go!!" LOL

As usual, I had my full NFL Sunday but had to get up early since the Vikings played the Saints in London, England. We just barely squeaked out a win. It was mostly luck. All of my teams won yesterday. It was a good day but awfully long! That's how I enjoy spending my Sundays though. Yelling at the TV and sometimes "watching together" with my cousin, Dan, In Nashville.

Because I was up so late last night, I'd be ashamed to tell you when I got up today. Today is recovery from NFL day! I wish I had some hot dogs for supper tonight but I had the last ones while doggo sitting. I'll probably have eggs and hash browns.

Not much else happening over here.

That's the skinny for today!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from mom’s house. I put out the six bags of yard debris with no problem. I trimmed the largest ixora and did a good job. I’ll do the other one soon. It was a good time because the sun was not beating down on me. Our weather is nice and it’s supposed to stay nice.

I could not get the hair color at Walmart. I might try Target in the next day or two.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:02 pm Salut mes amis!

I was busy on the weekend with my doggo friends. Saturday, I double babysat Lily Gurl and Charlee. It was an overcast day so both of them mostly sacked out. Even my yappy little Charlee girl just went outside, a few barks and back inside. She cuddled in my lap for over an hour. That makes me happy! I just LOVE this gig when it comes up and love all my doggo buddies. I was to babysit Charlee again tomorrow while Gary and Tannis went in to Winnipeg for a Ringo Starr concert but he came down with COVID and the show will be rescheduled. I told Tannis, "That's okay, Charlee and I will hang out anyway. You and Gary better find someplace to go!!" LOL

As usual, I had my full NFL Sunday but had to get up early since the Vikings played the Saints in London, England. We just barely squeaked out a win. It was mostly luck. All of my teams won yesterday. It was a good day but awfully long! That's how I enjoy spending my Sundays though. Yelling at the TV and sometimes "watching together" with my cousin, Dan, In Nashville.

Because I was up so late last night, I'd be ashamed to tell you when I got up today. Today is recovery from NFL day! I wish I had some hot dogs for supper tonight but I had the last ones while doggo sitting. I'll probably have eggs and hash browns.

Not much else happening over here.

That's the skinny for today!!

MJ
I think it’s great that you are doing so well with your “doggo sitting.” You enjoy it and are making some extra money. And I know that the pet parents are thrilled to have someone so caring and responsible. Yeah for MJ!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

It has been a pretty mellow and good day. I did make 1/2 cinnamon raisin and 1/2 sandwich bread and it turned out good. I separated the halves with a piece of parchment paper.
I picked up sticks and while it was chilly outside I just put on an extra sweatshirt. Cleaned up some odds and ends outside.
My buddy delivered some more firewood.
Chicken taco salad for supper, used the leftovers from my salad the other night and have enough for another tomorrow.
Going to run errands tomorrow, banking and will go to the pricey store for on sale pork chops. I will also check for any markdowns on meat and they have butter on sale...cheaper than Aldi's but still pricier than it has been in a long time. I swear it is almost a full time job chasing bargains. I have a feeling my grocery budget will be increased next year.
For now my big concern is heating cost this winter.
JCKitty
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

I have felt better today than I have all week. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to address some issues and also to pick up so new diabetic medication I am going to try. I am a little nervous about it which may be why I did not get much sleep last night.

We have had great fall weather here. Some of the temps have been in the low to mid 90's but will be cooling down as the month progresses. Mornings are nice and cool. `

I went to the store and did very well on the specials. I always find 1-2 serving sizes of meats with red stickers showing markdowns of $3.00-5.00. So most of our meat servings cost between $2.00-5.00 each. I found sales on cheese, coffee creamer and boxed cereal. Cereal was $1.77 per box with store coupon. I have not paid that in years. Total grocery bill was $113.88.

Well my Spock cat and I keep fighting over this keyboard so I better go. Have a great evenng everyone!

Bev
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:07 pm I think it’s great that you are doing so well with your “doggo sitting.” You enjoy it and are making some extra money. And I know that the pet parents are thrilled to have someone so caring and responsible. Yeah for MJ!
Florida,

Thank you! Tannis and Gary are thrilled to have me as a baby sitter for little Charlee. She is basically a "special needs" doggo due to her separation anxiety. Charlee and I get along very well. She is pretty calm when I am there but does still like to voice her opinion while out in the back yard!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.