Check in for Tues., Oct. 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Check in for Tues., Oct. 4, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 pm I bought my 4 boxes of hair color at Target with the B1G1 coupons and even got the 5% RedCard discount. So I paid $15.84 for 4 boxes, a good deal especially for 2022.

At Publix I bought a 28 oz. bag of Ore Ida extra crispy tater tots. I have not bought tater tots in ages but wanted them and paid $4.31.

I ordered the Spectrum internet. It turns out they send the equipment UPS and I have to hook it up myself. If I have trouble I’ll call my friend’s DH who is very tech savvy. I’ll cancel Frontier tomorrow. I’ve already been on the phone too much today.

On the health front, I have felt just about back to normal the past few days! My incisions are almost healed. I still have some numbness in my thigh but my primary care doctor says it will go away. We’ll see but even if it doesn’t, it doesn’t interfere with my life. And I feel less tired. Thank you all for supporting me through everything.
This is such wonderful news!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, that is great how well you have recovered! And you certainly saved enough on hair color to splurge a little on Tater Tots,
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Wow Penny that sounds so painful. I hope they can find a way to help you and soon.

I have delivered the pork chops to the freezer and visited for a moment with the DD's, I didn't stay long as I am tired and they were also. I really got a lot done today but I think the feeling of tiredness is the result of it getting dark so soon.
Tomorrow I have an instacart order of chicken breast and a few other things to be delivered.

Had the last of the chicken stuff on salad with all the stuff to have a chicken taco salad for supper and it was deluxe! 2 chicken street tacos left to go and then the fiesta is over LOL! I swear I could eat a variety of taco salad every day, I love it so much.

Usual house chores tomorrow and might devil some eggs. The hens have really slowed down, it's the chilly weather.

FloridaCat, I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. You go girl!
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All household tasks were done. I even managed to get three more strips added to the quilt. Tonight, I will knit as I watch TV.

Hubby picked up a few things to make the anchors permanent on the fabric garage.

For the first time in about 2 weeks the air conditioner came on. It has been very sunny and warm, and with the oven on cooking the casserole, I guess it just got a bit warm in here. I will open the windows for a bit once the oven is off and the sun goes down.

I am glad you are recovering so well Floridacat, and Penny I am happy you got an answer as to why your knees were so painful.

I was going to watch Star Trek Voyager on Netflix but decided to watch something else instead. Dahlmer is kind of blood thirsty but riveting to say the least. I am up to episode 7 already and the series is limited to 10 episodes.

Off to get supper on the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:06 pm I saw the orthopedist this morning. I have patella arthritis, a partially torn meniscus, and bursitis in both knees.

I have some exercises to do at home.

No mention was made of future appointments, at this time.

Penny
Penny, I hope that the exercises help you.

My mom had bursitis in her hip in her 50s or 60s. I know it was very painful for her. I don’t know what ended up helping her but it finally went away. I hope yours goes away, too.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:25 pm Hello All,
I am SO happy to report that DH has turned the corner on Covid and is feeling much better today! Phew!
I am still okay..fingers crossed.
I have been disinfecting everything. We both mask when I take food up to him. One more day for him to isolate and then we both mask up inside for another five days. I will stay in the other bedroom for the full ten days.
Hope all is well with you all.
That is great news, Trees!