Check in for Tues., Oct. 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Check in for Tues., Oct. 4, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Slept pretty good until the trash pick up robocalled me at too early o'clock to let me know the driver might be running late. :roll: I appreciate the notifications but not so darn early LOL

I have been to town, ran errands and got the on sale things at the pricey store. BOGO on pork chops, I got 6 pks. Butter and sour cream same deal. The check out lady commented that pork was their big seller lately because beef is so pricey. Still no frozen french fries.
I have the robo vac going and next up is dusting :( Chicken street taco for lunch and probably chicken taco salad again for supper. I love it and will not waste any of the take out food.

The rest of my day is kind of up in the air, that's not a bad thing. Waiting on a tele call from the repair person who is going to fix the leaked-on floor of the rental.

I really need to trim the behinds of both dogs and they could use a bath....maybe this afternoon. That gives them all day tomorrow to be mad at me. LOL
Off to have some raisin bread toast, next time I will increase the cinnamon, but this batch I just sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the buttered top.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, my dogs don't seem to pout afterwards about a bath, maybe because once they are towel-dried and allowed to run around for a minute, they get a few little Beggin' Strip minis as a treat. It's a special treat that's safe for Lily Dog's allergies. But I don't blow dry them. That might damage the relationship. :-D
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I checked off my annual Mammogram. I already got the letter that all looked good. So no returns this year. (Happens about every other year). Then this morning I went to the DMV and renewed my car registration for 3 years. Then I swung into Aldi. They only had a few items on my list.

I did some sewing, pressing and cutting on my quilt blocks. Next I need to trim them. This is for a throw for me for on the couch.

The Art museum is open Thurs - Sun. So not today. I think I will run to Walmart for a few things. I want to make some beef veggie soup and someone made beef barley last week. Sounds good. So I need some barley to put in with the veggies.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That was me, Maggie. I buy the Quaker quick cooking barley and it's yummy.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!
We've had a run of beautiful fall weather here, but the weather reports are talking lows in the mid-30s over the weekend, so best to prepare for an early frost. (Kitty, did you get any frost yet?)

The new flooring looks good, though there's a problem with installation in one spot, so waiting for the flooring folks to fix it. Still have boxes of stuff to go through. We did get rid of a couple of big things, so we have a bit more room in the closet.

Had lunch with an old friend last weekend, which was nice ... and back to PT this week.

Right now, working on laundry, including some afghans and blankets that had been stored for a while. And the usual stuff — dishes, prepping for dinner (Tonight: stir fry using some leftover pork roast)

Florida, glad to hear that you're doing OK! And Maggie, glad to hear the mammogram results were good!

Anyway, off to continue the day ...
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I bought my 4 boxes of hair color at Target with the B1G1 coupons and even got the 5% RedCard discount. So I paid $15.84 for 4 boxes, a good deal especially for 2022.

At Publix I bought a 28 oz. bag of Ore Ida extra crispy tater tots. I have not bought tater tots in ages but wanted them and paid $4.31.

I ordered the Spectrum internet. It turns out they send the equipment UPS and I have to hook it up myself. If I have trouble I’ll call my friend’s DH who is very tech savvy. I’ll cancel Frontier tomorrow. I’ve already been on the phone too much today.

On the health front, I have felt just about back to normal the past few days! My incisions are almost healed. I still have some numbness in my thigh but my primary care doctor says it will go away. We’ll see but even if it doesn’t, it doesn’t interfere with my life. And I feel less tired. Thank you all for supporting me through everything.