Daily Check In October 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In October 5, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice sunny day here. Not as cool as yesterday. But still comfortable.

I'm already up and dressed. Time to go to the Wednesday breakfast meet up.

Slept okay. I thought it was much earlier than it was when I got up - it was almost 8. I had set my alarm for 8. The pups have been up and out. The COD is resting.

Well better get going. Have a great day all.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Up and ready for my day, which should be pretty mellow. I like my days mellow LOL.
Right now I am waiting on my insta cart order. Mainly chicken breast and small things. I cannot believe the price of bleach! granted it is what they are calling "concentrated" but over 5.00 for 1/2 gallon???? Crazy.

The DD's and I have been discussing Thanksgiving, we have decided that if turkey is in short supply, I will roast chickens and dressing like last year and we will also have roast beef. I haven't seen any turkeys anywhere.
The sides are not an issue, we grow almost everything. I do worry about others that do not have the means to grow things. With the prices of things in the grocery store their benefits can't be going very far.

I have some house chores to complete and then have no idea what I will get into. LOL I am sure I will find something.
JCKItty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hello all.

After finishing my morning routine, have been working on my coloring until a short time ago. Have already talked with my sister about 4 times as well LOL.

Not much happening here today. Will probably try to finish off the book that I'm reading. Other than that I don't know.

Have a wonderful day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night I was wired. I think I got a total of maybe 5 hours of sleep. I know it was from all those steroid shots in my knees. The rest of my arthritis feels better too.

My hearing aids don’t work, I don’t know yet what is wrong. they didn’t charge last night though the charger looked like they were charging. I have them charging now. I pushed one button on the aid and it apparently reset it. I also need to call and find out if I need to bring it in.

Next year hearing aids will cost less to buy. I hope I don’t need a new one now. Esp., this month.

I set up delivery of my Rx, called in a few repairs to the apartment office.

Penny
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning,
I was a pincushion yesterday afternoon. I had an appointment with my GP and also got 2 shots (one in each arm), blood draws and picked up a new diabetic medication. Ii did get my flu shot and also the newer shingles shot. I have to get part 2 done in about 3 months. I am feeling yucky today, perhaps 2 injections in one day was not wise, however I did not want to have to make another trip to the clinic. Gas prices are on the rise again and it was $6.59 per gallon. I now have a full tank which should last the month.

I would not object to higher gas prices if it would discourage all of the driving around here. People here do not like to stay home and they will jump in the car on a whim to run an errand or just go out. Lack of planning so our roads are congested nearly all the time.

My friend and I went out for street tacos last night. There was a good special at a local restaurant and they were so good! Since my friend inherited money she eats out all the time. Even if I wanted to spend all that money my body cannot tolerate continuous restaurant and fast foods. Ii found out yesterday at my checkup I have lost 8 pounds this past year so I will be fighting tooth and nail to keep it off. So it looks like my food inflation battle is working. From what I understand my new diabetic medication, Victroza will help with weight issues as well as getting my A1C down. I will be starting that in a few days.

Our fall weather will be warmish until next week. Temps in the low 90's i would prefer 70's and 80's but after the brutal weeklong heat wave we endured last month I will not complain.

Well I'm off to do ???. I should feel better later once the juices from yesterday settle in. Take care everyone!

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Beverley wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:36 pm Good morning,
I was a pincushion yesterday afternoon. I had an appointment with my GP and also got 2 shots (one in each arm), blood draws and picked up a new diabetic medication. Ii did get my flu shot and also the newer shingles shot. I have to get part 2 done in about 3 months. I am feeling yucky today, perhaps 2 injections in one day was not wise, however I did not want to have to make another trip to the clinic. Gas prices are on the rise again and it was $6.59 per gallon. I now have a full tank which should last the month.

I would not object to higher gas prices if it would discourage all of the driving around here. People here do not like to stay home and they will jump in the car on a whim to run an errand or just go out. Lack of planning so our roads are congested nearly all the time.

My friend and I went out for street tacos last night. There was a good special at a local restaurant and they were so good! Since my friend inherited money she eats out all the time. Even if I wanted to spend all that money my body cannot tolerate continuous restaurant and fast foods. Ii found out yesterday at my checkup I have lost 8 pounds this past year so I will be fighting tooth and nail to keep it off. So it looks like my food inflation battle is working. From what I understand my new diabetic medication, Victroza will help with weight issues as well as getting my A1C down. I will be starting that in a few days.

Our fall weather will be warmish until next week. Temps in the low 90's i would prefer 70's and 80's but after the brutal weeklong heat wave we endured last month I will not complain.

Well I'm off to do ???. I should feel better later once the juices from yesterday settle in. Take care everyone!

Bev
Bev, I felt achy all over and tired the next day after getting the flu and new Covid booster at the same time. I would have stayed home from work that day but my new boss is fairly useless and I did not want to miss a day and have a horrible mess waiting on me.

It's been three weeks since the shots and I still have an egg-sized bruise on my upper arm. Very odd!
Mackie