Daily Check In October 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In October 5, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

afternoon

I did go to the arboretum, with the understanding that if I walked to slow or was too tired I would sit and wait.

The trolley could not go to the pumpkin display. My friends had signed out a wheel chair for me and at first I let them push me to the pumpkin patch. But after that I simply used the wheelchair like a walker and walked around and enjoyed everything and had lunch. Then I took the chair back and we did a trolley tour with a guide. I did walk quite a bit and right now I am pooped but I am one of those people who sleeps better at nights rather than napping to that's what Im trying for.

Lunch was soup and three mini sandwiches and I brought one home. If that is not enough dinner for me I have some chicken and cornbread casserole!

Not sure what I will do for the rest of the day before I allow myself to crash. Tomorrow and friday I am home sewing for the bazaar although I may make a yell out to my womens group and see who wants to get breakfast one of those days.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I did go to breakfast with the ladies, but I am finding that I cannot eat as much as I used to eat. But that is okay. I ate scrambled eggs, toast and jelly. Could not eat the sausage - just a little of it. Bland food is more my thing now.

Afterwards, went to the store to buy more pinto beans. My sisters think I am weird cuz I make these at least once a week - but we love them. A big bow of warm beans with sour cream and cheese - mmm.

Also bought some cans of Campbells hearty steak and potato soup - I had been craving that.

Then I came home. The COD was getting ready to take off. And he let me know that he almost woke me up last night to take him to the ER.

:shock: I think we are going to have to sit down and talk about the care he will need now. He needs to let me know how he is feeling. I have to remind him to take his meds and monitor with him when he takes off

Whole new situation - kind of stressful for me and probably super stressful for him of course.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:35 pm I did go to breakfast with the ladies, but I am finding that I cannot eat as much as I used to eat. But that is okay. I ate scrambled eggs, toast and jelly. Could not eat the sausage - just a little of it. Bland food is more my thing now.

Afterwards, went to the store to buy more pinto beans. My sisters think I am weird cuz I make these at least once a week - but we love them. A big bow of warm beans with sour cream and cheese - mmm.

Also bought some cans of Campbells hearty steak and potato soup - I had been craving that.

Then I came home. The COD was getting ready to take off. And he let me know that he almost woke me up last night to take him to the ER.

:shock: I think we are going to have to sit down and talk about the care he will need now. He needs to let me know how he is feeling. I have to remind him to take his meds and monitor with him when he takes off

Whole new situation - kind of stressful for me and probably super stressful for him of course.
I can totally understand your stress level. I hope the COD will be more conscientious about his meds.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a good day. I am SO glad to get a haircut and perm!

The equipment from Spectrum Internet was delivered. I haven’t opened it yet but cleared a spot where I hope I can put it. It has to go where it can connect to a cable cord so it can’t go where I have my current modem and router.

I did more cleanup in my entrance area. I saw our HOA president at the mailbox and asked if he knew someone who can clean out my gutter. He gave me a name but wasn’t sure the guy would do it. I also want to have my sidewalk snd carport pressure washed. That will be sometime in October.

Tomorrow Echo the cat arrives! I have moved some fragile things and will go over the house again tomorrow morning to cat proof it. I’m looking forward to it!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I got some things done outside that I had been putting off. I used the loppers and cleaned out the saplings and honeysuckle from under the fir trees, ended up with 5 loads of brush which I then hauled to the firepit area. The fiance had wanted to clean it out earlier this year but I wouldn't let him as there was a bird's nest and eggs in there and I didn't want them disturbed.

Bagged and marked chicken breasts and froze them. Added fresh bedding to the coop, walked around the yard and noticed the changing of the leaves. I would really like to burn some brush in the firepit, but it has been so dry around here I will wait.
I think tomorrow I will either make some cookies or a pie....thinking a butterscotch pie. I can't believe how fast the peanut butter cookies were eaten. Might just make some more of those.
The raisin bread is just about gone already :shock: I will definitely make more of that. Might sound strange but I like chicken salad on raisin bread.

Off to watch some mindless TV.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:21 pm I can totally understand your stress level. I hope the COD will be more conscientious about his meds.
As for me, heck just set me up in that nice assisted living facility that my late sister was in. They did everything for you. They even told us that no matter how ill she got, they would take care of it. Not sure if that is because this is a small community and people know each other.

When the COD had his heart attack and needed stents - his daughter took over. She is an emergency RN.I was so glad she was right there for him.