Daily Check In October 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In October 6, 2022

Post by gaylejackson2 »

hello friends,

I'm doing a late check-in today.

I was going to check in earlier today while I was Subbing, but those classes were a lot more in-depth & hands-on than I'd anticipated. However, today's subbing was 2-1/2 hours for 4 hours' worth of pay. I Sub tomorrow also, a 2-hour job for double the pay. :D I also Subbed full-day jobs on the 3 other days this week.

Speaking of Subbing, I got offered the chance to do a long-term Subbing gig for 3 months from mid-February to mid-May for the CTE teacher at V-MIddle School. I'm strongly considering doing so, if only so that I can make Really good money to save up for the more-expensive months that June through October 2023 are going to be for my family next year. Plus, I'm again strongly considering becoming a school teacher, and this job would a) allow me to save a bit for my own education, and b) give me a greater perspective on teaching in a middle-school.

I went to my now-weekly Physical Therapy appointment this morning. He says I'm improving in overall mobility, but now my tendons are showing signs of tenderness. Apparently this is common when someone has repeatedly injured the same joint--about 35-38 years for me. I'll just keep doing the exercises that I've been assigned, and I;ll try to get to their office a couple of times this week to work on the weights.

There's a women's activity tonight at Church. I got a text reminder about it yesterday,lol. Hmm... this is the first that I've heard of the activity. BUt it is to gather home decor, blankets, and to make rolls from dough to be frozen and given to the local Food Pantry. Speaking of the food pantry, I hear that they are in desperate need of volunteers. I might try to see if their hours would work into my schedule; I'd do Fridays there if they were open. I might stop Subbing on Fridays anyhow so Dd9 can go to her weekly class activitites (and I can have a kind of 3-day weekend each week.

I'm off now. Spaghetti for dinner tonight, and maybe brownies if I can get GF bread started in my bread machine while making the spaghetti sauce.

I hope you are all well, and getting along despite your ailments and physical situation. FloridaCat, I REALLY hope that you survived Hurricane Ian's devastation.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mmm - my beans came out so good. I just like slurping up the bean juice! lol.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is 9:27 and the COD is just getting home.

He left this morning about ten AM to go to a therapy appointment.

So I guess he is OK??
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

His midnight issue may have been a panic attack. I had a stress attack once and thought it was my heart. Is he doing well on his eating and walking?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:28 pm It is 9:27 and the COD is just getting home.

He left this morning about ten AM to go to a therapy appointment.

So I guess he is OK??
I don’t know if there is a way to ask him to keep you posted on his comings and goings without him thinking he is an invalid. But if you can think of a way to tell him that you worry since this recent heart episode, that would be good. Maybe you could text him if he is out all day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:31 pm I don’t know if there is a way to ask him to keep you posted on his comings and goings without him thinking he is an invalid. But if you can think of a way to tell him that you worry since this recent heart episode, that would be good. Maybe you could text him if he is out all day.
Yes I do text him sometimes and he does respond, but I guess I just worry too much. And I have let him know that!

And yes I should not think of him as an invalid.

One of our library club members - a male - had the same type of surgery. I think about the same age. And the guy just got back from a vacation to Florida and is taking off again. I guess I need to realize that he is okay.