Daily Check In October 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In October 6, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

I’ve been trying to set up my new internet this morning snd it is not working. Grrr… I can’t get the modem to connect. I’ve tried both the upstairs and downstairs cable outlets. I’ll call my friend’s DH but I think I’m going to have to get the Spectrum people to come here.

Echo is coming over (with his mama) about 4 pm. I will clean up this Internet packaging mess before he arrives.

Have a great day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 am Happy birthday, Maggie! Hope you have a lovely day.

MJ, I also love raisin bread. Probably too much! No one else in the household will touch it and it's now approaching $5 a loaf here, so if I'm going to eat it, I should learn how to bake it.

Jackie, you are a tough woman to have gotten by this long without your favorite pillow!

I woke up early thanks to Goldie Dog sniffing at the bedroom door, which is how she tells us she wants to go to the back yard. She has a snoot like a Hoover, having inherited that from both breeds in her lineage. Thus I was able to have a second cup of coffee, fit in a few chores before leaving for work, and get here a bit early to inspect the smaller, older building that's a ten minute walk from the one where I work.

At our staff meeting yesterday, I learned that the job I applied to transfer into has been filled. My application was never forwarded. Well, no big surprise there. The plan is to keep limping along (literally) and keep an eye out for the next opportunity.

Last night I portioned up the last of the soup made on Sunday into Rubbermaid containers and froze it for lunches next week. There was enough for three hearty lunches, with about a half cup leftover. I broke up a Wasa rye flatbread into that little bit of soup and had it for supper with an apple, a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and a cup of tea.

The Vitacost online store had some Twinings black current tea on sale a while back and I bought a box on a whim. It turned out to be really good if you like the taste of black currents, so I've been having a cup with supper with a tiny bit of almond milk added to it.

Not much else. I have no plans to spend any money today. Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie..that is awful that your job application was never forwarded.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Birthday Maggie!
Disinfecting the house today. DH is really better and is now allowed to be out with a mask. We had reported his case of covid to our county and they gave us all the instructions to follow.
It is a beautiful warm day here..so all windows are wide open.
floridacatlover

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 am Happy birthday, Maggie! Hope you have a lovely day.

MJ, I also love raisin bread. Probably too much! No one else in the household will touch it and it's now approaching $5 a loaf here, so if I'm going to eat it, I should learn how to bake it.

Jackie, you are a tough woman to have gotten by this long without your favorite pillow!

I woke up early thanks to Goldie Dog sniffing at the bedroom door, which is how she tells us she wants to go to the back yard. She has a snoot like a Hoover, having inherited that from both breeds in her lineage. Thus I was able to have a second cup of coffee, fit in a few chores before leaving for work, and get here a bit early to inspect the smaller, older building that's a ten minute walk from the one where I work.

At our staff meeting yesterday, I learned that the job I applied to transfer into has been filled. My application was never forwarded. Well, no big surprise there. The plan is to keep limping along (literally) and keep an eye out for the next opportunity.

Last night I portioned up the last of the soup made on Sunday into Rubbermaid containers and froze it for lunches next week. There was enough for three hearty lunches, with about a half cup leftover. I broke up a Wasa rye flatbread into that little bit of soup and had it for supper with an apple, a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and a cup of tea.

The Vitacost online store had some Twinings black current tea on sale a while back and I bought a box on a whim. It turned out to be really good if you like the taste of black currents, so I've been having a cup with supper with a tiny bit of almond milk added to it.

Not much else. I have no plans to spend any money today. Hope you all have a great day.
What is wrong with your university, Mackie! I’m sorry that your application was not forwarded.

Aldi has raisin cinnamon bread that pre-pandemic sold for $1.79-1.99. I’m sure it’s higher now but probably less than $2.75. Yum! I could eat 4 slices at a time. Just yesterday going to the hair salon I thought I’m finally ready to go to Aldi again at a hopefully less busy time.
floridacatlover

I’m pleased that Spectrum said they’d be here between 1-2 pm today. I thought I might have to wait several weeks. As far as I know there is no charge.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Trees, I am so glad that Mister Trees is feeling so much better. Wow, that is some service, FloridaCat. Be sure to wear a mask when the tech is there. They've probably been exposed to everyone in half in Florida lately.

I suspect my application was not forwarded because it would be nearly impossible to hire anyone to work where I am now. Neither the location nor the responsibilities would be appealing to a sane person. I didn't want to be here: I started out three years ago in a much better building and got moved here!

There are two open positions in our department I'm qualified for but they involve working in the main office with an assistant director who is meaner than Satan's pet lapdog. So those are most likely a no-go. They've been open forever, most likely because she's on the interview team and she's run off more people than the Black Plague through a medieval village.
Mackie