Christmas 2022 Preparations

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Christmas 2022 Preparations

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:55 pm Trees, I think this year it is going to be a chocolate orange for each of them - I'm not feeling up to baking cookies. I think I did the chocolate oranges last year too just to make things easier on myself. My son had loved the chocolate oranges (the kind you hit on a hard surface to break into segments) since he was a little guy and he gets a big kick out of getting one from mom.

Maybe he will get cookies for his birthday in January.
YUM!!!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have not been able to find chocolate oranges around here this year. Usually Aldi or Walgreens will come through with them, but not yet.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Daughter and her wife get the same thing every yr. Daughter is triple A for the yr and daughter in law a Starbucks card. We get together Christmas Eve at daughter and son n law for Christmas Eve with rest of family. We are doing Yankee Swap this yr to change it up. Then daughter and son in law come here for breakfast and gifts Christmas morning. Having lost a member for the last three Christmas, it is not the same for us. Having the 2 great grand kids make it fun.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I bought the last few items for our holiday meals today and finished our Christmas shopping. Came in well under budget. Because of the cats, we won't put up our little tree until very close to Christmas.

In lieu of a chocolate orange, I bought DS a little bag of the Red Bird soft peppermint he loves and a box of Swedish Fish, one of his favorite candies. Like his mom, he enjoys fruity candies.

I really want to get to World Market to purchase some Lyle's Golden Syrup for some cookies I make once in a blue moon and to buy DS some funky Japanese candy.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I traded hand made two sided napkin sets today for future decorated christmas cookies.

Not purchased yet, but my son in law is getting a Peanuts Christmas villiage piece from Department 56 (a figurine set, not a big house). My daughter wants a craft and I am probably getting her a kit to make needle felted succulents. I will ad a small gift card to both of those perhaps. Son has asked for all gift cards except for a Colorado Rockies hoodie so he'll probably get a 50 dollar olive garden card and the hoodie later one. Still have to figure out my sister.

I generally go to my daughter's after Chrurch service on Christmas eve (which for us is from six to 8 not at midnight) and spend the night. I will need to get some stocking stuff for both ofthem cause we still do that (I know Rinty is rolling her eyes somewhere).

Sonin law aways smokes a prime rib and daughter will make piels of cookies. My house is decorated, so basically other than some orders I am done. I am one of those that happily gave up being the host and or the mom in charge, lol
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

How far we go with cleaning and preparations will depend on whether DH's sister accepts our invitation to come for Christmas. She hasn't given an answer either way.

So far, I have most of what DH wants, and I'm still on the lookout for stocking stuffers. We do have something for DH's sis if she visits. (If not, well, it goes back in the closet. ;) ). This weekend, DH will put together the annual calendar for his aunt, who's now in a nursing home. Not sure what he wants to do about his DB's gift.

Got the ham for Christmas dinner yesterday, and have enough in the pantry to handle the rest. Decorations-wise, lights are on the porch, and I have a few smaller things out. The big push is next week when the tree goes up and the cards go out, and the cookies get baked ...