we are getting solar !!!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: we are getting solar !!!

Post by icfrugal2 »

I love public transportation, I loved living in The City, and I had a car, but I used the system.

Outside of Covid, where I live now it would take hours to get to reasonable public transportation.
IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I think you got in with solar in the nick of time. Those Californians already in the system like you are grandfathered in for higher solar buyback rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/15/california-lowers-solar-energy-incentives-for-homeowners.html

It is surprising to me that I see very little solar here in Florida even though we have bright sun much of the year. So far, it is not allowed for my townhouse which is attached. I could get it at mom’s house but think I’d wait until after I next get the roof replaced. My friend’s church here has had it for many years. But I see very, very few homes with it maybe because Florida is a red state. I’ve never looked into it and wonder about the payback period. But I know it is the future.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

YEAH !!! almost any way, I checked my checking account and the last payment was just taken for the solar.

So, any day now, I called my solar company and I had some papers to e sign.

It will be interesting

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

My solar is ON !!!!

It will be interesting to see if we save money in the long run. :D

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

so the solar was turned on about Jan 11, 2023

I have an app it shows what we are producing and using.

So far we are about 49% energy independent. This doesn't include the gas that we use for heating the house and the water heater.

also found out, (I'm sure that it was in all of the papers that I signed, I did think that I read them carefully, it is what it is) that we need to use less from 4 pm to 9 pm.

we are retired, but I will need to get used to running the dishwasher during the day and now before bed at 10 pm.

I'm trying to not have so much stuff, so buying more dishes etc is not what I want to do.

Our home is 42 years old and some of the shelves in the kitchen cabinets have been taken out. (ok, the bracks holding them up have failed so I'm being creative with the space, ) :D

IC