we are getting solar !!!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

we are getting solar !!!

Post by icfrugal2 »

I've signed the contract, so there is no going back.

I do know that no one here will say anything negative to me :D Thank you my friends :P

So, it's 19 panels.

$28,000 cash.

DH and I will be taking money out of our ROTH IRA's and some of money of mine.

Hopefully this way I won't go crazy in the summers when we run the A/C at 70 (BBBRRR) but dh isn't able to control his body temp.

It will take several months, but should be working in Jan 2023.

There is a tax rebate of about $9,000, but we really don't pay taxes, our income is low, so even after 5 years, I'm not sure that we will see the $9,000.

as is said, we will see.

IC
HappyDaze

Re: we are getting solar !!!

Post by HappyDaze »

IC, congratulations on getting solar! It will be nice to see those lower utility bills when you start using it!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good for you. I can see the power bills dropping from here.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That is awesome, IC! We have talked about it, but our lot is not situated correctly to make it work well.
Mackie
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

That's really exciting! I don't just mean the lower energy bills....

It's just so amazing that we can take something that is free and available....sunlight, and wind, and turn it into electricity. No drilling, mining, refining, pollution, (and illness and deaths!).

It's sad that in 2022, though, solar is not on all our homes.
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:04 pm That's really exciting! I don't just mean the lower energy bills....

It's just so amazing that we can take something that is free and available....sunlight, and wind, and turn it into electricity. No drilling, mining, refining, pollution, (and illness and deaths!).

It's sad that in 2022, though, solar is not on all our homes.
In my small town, we now have several homes that are going solar. Very interesting.