Daily Check-in November 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in November 18, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Okra that is...LOL
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I went out and had a lovely lunch downtown with Jay. The bread bank didn't have much to offer but I did get some milk for more cappuccinos and a couple of small jars of fig jam, lemon curd and two jars of hot Jamaican Jerk sauce to use while cooking meat. I also got a nice sized container of "Irish Oats." I'll have to learn how to cook them.

After lunch, Jay wanted to go for coffee. Coffee is on sale right now at A&W for a dollar no matter what size the cup so we took advantage of that.

I had to leave at 1:30 so I could get home and drink that liter of water at 2 pm so I could go for that gawdawful ultrasound. So, I did all of that and drove over to the hospital with more than a half hour to spare before my appointment time. The reason for that is that they are doing construction and have closed a great number of parking spots and parking meters on the street. I went early so I could scope out when someone left and get their spot. At 3:08 pm, there was still nothing available. Because there is only the main door to the hospital for access, it's impossible to park on side streets and get to the front door without walking quite a way and with my breathing difficulties, that just isn't possible. I am frustrated that I couldn't find parking and get this test over with today but also relieved that I didn't have to go through that. When I got home, I called and told them why I didn't make my appointment so they could move the other patients up in their time slots.

I am, again, listening to the inquiry into the Freedumb Convoy. I'd just gotten home and turned on the computer and could hear a lawyer asking questions. Just from the questions being asked, I knew it was the Freedumb Convoy's lawyer. I then went to that tab and sure enough, I was correct.

Tonight, I have to unload the dishwasher and load it again. That's the gig.

Last night, I watched the Tennessee Titan's beat the Green Bay Packers. Anytime the Packers lose is a win in a Minnesota Viking fan's heart. It was a great game. Apparently, this pretty much puts the Packers out of the playoffs as they'd need to win 10 of their next 12 games. With the season Aaron Rodgers is having? I don't think that will happen!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It was a good day at work. Home and did all the things I have to do to keep the critters healthy and happy. Turned the heater on in the kitchen and also in the bedroom (I have baseboard electric heat - separate controls for each room).

It was a long week - I am tired and looking forward to sleeping in and having a couple of pretty relaxing days. I will do the usual vacuuming and laundry and whatnot but that is no big deal.

It's a short week next week - I have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. I haven't heard if my extended family is "doing" Thanksgiving or not - I know DD is planning on going there. If they don't I will come up with something to have a nice meal for her and her SO. My son and his wife always go to his dad's or get together with some friends who have no family in the area.

I can't imagine that my parents aren't having a dinner - it's a big deal for them to do it for my sister's children and grandchildren - but it would not surprise me if they just can't afford it, what with my sister also living off their social security. I never go anyway so it makes no difference to me. If I KNEW, I could invite my parents here - but they wouldn't come unless I had the "whole gang" - and I can't do that.

Anyhoo, sorry for rambling - if rambling were a job, I'd be well paid to do it, LOL. Have a warm and safe weekend everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

We had neighbors two houses ago when we lived in the "country" (rural, but suburbia was encroaching rapidly) who grew tomatoes, okra, corn.

We had a criminal abundance of zucchini one year off just two plants - like even the soup kitchen folks run and hide when you drive up because they're tired. of. zucchini! - we offered some to the neighbor. The wife took one out of the bag, looked at it and said, "what is it?" just as her husband said, "what do you do with it?"

DH explained: it's a squash - fry it, boil it, stuff it, use it in soup, even shred it for bread like carrots for carrot cake. She took the whole bag, bless her.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I generally like all the vegetables with rare exceptions including the slimy ones, even though I am a carnvore through and through.

Mackie, some of your irregular lseep may be adjust to not getting up and your different schedule. I suspect once you relax a bit an think about how to structure your days you will sleep well, and if not, thenyou are allowed a nap.

Maggie, good for you, a few one of a kind concerts are worth it (said by the woman who has seen both Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, and yes, that shows my age). It's an experience, not a thing.

Logics, I hope you enjoy your correspondence!

I drove through the progressive colder weather (its. now 25 with a low of 21) in the Texas pan handle and am now in a nice Amarillo hotel. I leave late tomorrow for the second have of the drive, it's supposed to be up to 40 in colorado.

I brought nothing with me but my kindle. If I decide I want to knit, I'll hit the independent yarn shop or hobby lobby or something and start a project.

I need to see how many steps I can get back and fort in my hotel room as Im not going out in the colder halway.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 am Good morning Logics and everyone. Logics, your eggplant sounds amazing - my daughter has a severe allergy to it so I don't bring it into the house.

The news here is my cat who had moved in with my neighbor for several months, is back. A couple days ago she was yowling from the cellar when I got home. I opened the door to take food down but she came marching in and won't go back out.

I don't blame the old girl (she is at least 15!!!), I am sure she can't take the cold and my neighbor stopped letting her in the house because his cat decided she doesn't like her and they fight. I had to run to the store for a litter box and litter and that is set up in the "bathroom" (just a small closet with a toilet in it) that we don't use.

I was worried how Hope would deal with her - she doesn't want to hurt cats but gets excited and doesn't know how to react to them - but they are getting on fine since Hope took a good swipe across the snout that made her bleed. I do not like cats in the house and maintaining a litter box but can't turn the sweet old girl out in the cold - so here we are.

I'm off to make breakfast and get ready for work. I hope you all have a Fabulous Friday!
LOL, when we brought Dog home in 2007, we still had 2 cats, girl cat smacked Dog across the nose, Dog never bothered her after that, Boy cat (a real sweetheart never smacked dog, dog loved chasing boy cat :roll: )

IC

What wonderful person you are