Daily Check In November 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In November 19, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:03 pm I got a phone call from my parents - they are having Thanksgiving and letting everyone bring something. My mom used to never let people bring anything - so this is good - very good. All my parents have to do is turkey and stuffing and gravy - yayyyyyy!! I got assigned sweet potatoes. DD is bringing butternut squash casserole, my sister-in-law green bean casserole, my nieces are bringing pies and mashed potatoes.

My mom asked me if I remembered the "ice cleats" I bought them a few years ago and asked if I would get them new ones and also a pair for their Amish friend. OF COURSE!!! My parents never ask for anything so I have happily ordered already! They are insisting on paying me - I will let them pay for the pair for their Amish fried but will tell them the other 2 pairs were covered by my Amazon gift card balance (little white lie there, sorry not sorry).

My vacuum cleaner needs a repair before I can use it so I'm going to tackle that next - no doubt it is clogged with dog hair. I am in a yank to vacuum so off to see if I can accomplish that. Sunny here but very, very cold. Glad I am in for the day, other than potty breaks for Hope (Lucy goes out on a run).
oh sounds yummy!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I had a raging headache by noon so hit the bed and slept just until a little bit ago. I notified one brother (youngest lives with him) that I would phone youngest brother tomorrow as I usually phone at 2 pm on Saturday. Hopefully he does so as sometimes this one brother can be a real pain.

Before going back to bed, I cut out the dress pattern and did the pumpkin as well as finished a stripe on the rug. I may cut some more strips tonight as I am feeling much better. Once those strips are all cut, I am going to cut the sashing for the quilt and pin some more blocks together.

Still have to check the Christmas card box but will also do that sometime soon. I need to get those done. Especially those that have to travel any distance.

Off to get supper started.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Cold and windy today. I emptied the wood stove of ashes and restarted it. I also set up the chicken waterer to stay on instead of plugging/unplugging it. It feels more like January around here instead of November.

DD2 came and got the "grand-dog" last evening when she got off work. She will keep him until either Sunday evening or Monday AM. I just needed a break; he is VERY high maintenance. My dog and I have enjoyed the quiet and each other.
I have cleaned and puttered around all day. My little buddy that has been bringing firewood called and said he has some venison for me, he hunted it and his girlfriend evidently said "eww". He said he would not let it go to waste.
Have watched the coverage about the severe snow around the Buffalo area, I feel so bad for those people. So many people that were interviewed talking about not being able to afford their heat and electricity. It hurts my heart to think about people going thru this. I count my many blessings.
I had a very late lunch, so if I eat supper it will be a salad.
Tomorrow I hope to sort the fridge and make the cranberry salad for Thanksgiving.

JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I am checking in very late mostly due to just dinking around all day!

I just finished up some tidying in the kitchen and started making a late supper of mashed potatoes.

This afternoon, I was on Facebook and saw that my friend, Kay and her husband, Dale, were in town with the goodies from their Apiary and Kay's good UK kitchen! Being BROKE, Kay and I made a deal, I took her a couple of yards of fabric with bee themes so she could make some bowl cozies and I got a big container of creamed honey and a small jar in the shape of a bear for a Christmas present. If I had known Kay was going to make it a trade, I would have taken more fabric for her. I'll give her a note on herr Facebook page so she will know next time they come to Brandon from their farm about a half hour outside of town.

The weather was very nice today. The Rotary Villas where the sale was being held, had a bunch of lovely sales but I had to shield my eyes and just go to Kay's table as she had said she would let me pay with a post dated check. The price of their honey was REALLY good! $10 for 2 pounds and that is very cheap compared to the stores around here! I have been wanting to get some of their honey for a long time! I finally got some! YAY!!

Not too much happening around here this evening. Just yapping on my FB Messenger, window shopping on FB Messenger and dreaming and then watching some recorded shows.

Hope you've all had a good day and have a good night!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.