Daily Check In November 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Up but not functioning at my best. Off to get coffee. See you all in a bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still not functioning at my usual level of energy, but at least getting pretty close. I looked out our drapes into a yard full of snow. Must have been pretty blowy (is that a word) last night. However, I saw footprints leading around the house or to the neighbours. I am hoping that one of their dogs escaped and they were trying to find them, or someone is casing our homes.

Hubby noticed that I was missing a few cleats on my ice walking strap on things, so he pulled one of the remaining out to see what they looked like.... They looked like cut off nails so guess what is happening. Yep, he is using nails, cutting them off and repairing my ice walking cleats. These were much more expensive than the first set we purchased and having them only last 1 year is just crazy.

I plan on sticking close to home again today. Not that it is cold (actually just above seasonal), but my cold does not seem to be getting better and my back is killing me still. Thank heavens this is not a big household task day. I only need to sweep the floors, send in the scan for points, and call my youngest brother. That means I can do some more fun things like cut out that pattern, work on the rug, sew some quilt blocks, or straighten out the bookcase beside the desk (it really is a mess right now).

I fell asleep on the couch last night and woke up when the show I really wanted to watch was almost over. So, I will need to see if I can find it on my minicomputer attached to the television and perhaps watch it this afternoon. If not, I am watching a series on Netflix that will keep me entertained while I do my crafting.

Since I am not going anywhere, I will not be spending any cash, so another no spend day for the month. You have to love those kinds of days. The less money leaving our accounts the better and a great frugal move. I am finding it a bit of a struggle lately staying home and not shopping. This time of year is especially bad. I love Christmas, and all the meaning behind the day. I have always tried to make the day a special one for the family.... Perhaps that is why I started making gifts rather than buying and yet I kind of miss the hunt for that perfect gift. I still need to check the Christmas card box to make sure I have enough, I may end up running out and purchasing a few early next week. Don't have time to make any this year. Just have to start on them a bit sooner, I guess.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover Baked Spaghetti. Any leftovers will be frozen and used later. I will make a veggie salad to go with (need to use up some cucumber and cherry tomatoes).

Today I am grateful for the view out the front window. Inky blackness broke by twinkling lights in the distance and in the valley below.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Last night I ventured out to the international Grocery Store about 35 minutes away. It is always an adventure to see what they have. I got oriental items.

Today I am planning on going to the smalltown Christmas parade about 3 miles away. It is cold out, 30 F (-1.1 C) with a high of 35 F. I dug out my long underwear.

I think Ex is having the kids over tomorrow for a Thanksgiving dinner. When we were married I used to do a turkey dinner the Sunday before so we could enjoy leftovers all week. DDil just texted that they are open today. So I will go there after the parade.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. The dogs and I are having coffee and quilt time on the sofa. DH is out doing errands, which for him usually means going to the hardware store.

I need to look at the supply of paint and wood stain in the garage and see what is going to be sufficient to put a finish on the big monitor riser DH made for his desk.

There are a few chores to do today, but nothing huge unless DH has yard work planned.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

A chilly drizzly morning. I've already had my coffee. Was up before 8 - the boys and girls had to go out. I'm surprised they did considering it was drizzly out there. They didn't stay out there very long.

I'm halfway dressed - still wearing pajama bottoms. They are so comfy. Why wear regular pants!

No real plans for today. Will just sit out this weekend until the weather improves on Monday. I can't believe people are already out and about. I remember when I used to do that. They are having a foodbank distribution. Back in the day I would be out there. Even in the heat, rain or cold. Didn't stop me. Now? Will it ever happen again? The world would like to know. :mrgreen:

Hope all have a great day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A brisk but sunny day here so I'm not complaining. There's no where I need to be anyway.

Today will be a whatever strikes the mood day but I do want to watch the Hallmark movie tonight, Three Wise Men and a Baby. I watched last night's movie, Inventing the Christmas Prince and it was better than I thought it was going to be.

Tonight's meal is a hamburger and veggies. I've got a ton of green veggies in the freezer so it will probably be broccoli and green beans and maybe a bit of cauliflower tossed in.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.