Daily Check In November 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In November 20, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:06 pm HappyDaze, your week of lunches sounds delicious. I never got supper made tonight: everyone noshed on leftovers and all my cooking was for the dogs.

Glad your kitty is doing well indoors as well. My Dora Kitty came and sat in my lap for just a minute this evening. She is so sweet but not much of a cuddler.
My Kloey is not much of a cuddler either, Mackie. She will rub against me and purr but if I try to put her on my lap or pick her up, she isn't having it. Hope got smacked again - poor Hope, she just wants to be friends with the cat but she doesn't go about it very well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:48 pm MJ, yes, their time management, or lack thereof, is disrespectful. However, no need for you to come unglued and jump to conclusions about people you don't know (me included).

I was VENTING to ease my frustration about "bad behavior", not bad people - and received some very helpful suggestions from some friends here on the forum - and they did so without being rude and assaulting the character of people I care about and that they are not familiar with.

Read Quilter's reply to my rant (she made her point - KINDLY) - and take a lesson.
Sheila,

I got "my Irish up." I am sorry I was so presumptuous in my reply. I just cannot believe they continue to treat you like that.

Again,

I am sorry.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Beverley wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:15 pm I don't have heavy cream in the house so I will be subbing evaporated milk for that in the butter chicken. The taste might change a bit, but not much I am told.

Jackie, Can you add some butter to the evaporated milk as a substitute for cream. You might find some ideas on Google.

Bev
Actually, the evaporated milk was a Google substitution. Turned out very well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:51 am

Beverley wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:15 pm
I don't have heavy cream in the house so I will be subbing evaporated milk for that in the butter chicken. The taste might change a bit, but not much I am told.

Jackie, Can you add some butter to the evaporated milk as a substitute for cream. You might find some ideas on Google.

Bev
Actually, the evaporated milk was a Google substitution. Turned out very well.
Jackie
Thanks for sharing that information. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:55 am Thanks for sharing that information. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Penny
Penny, they do say to only use it in baking or cooking. It will not beat up very well.
Jackie