Daily Check In November 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 20, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 20, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I seem to be falling asleep and staying asleep on the couch in the evenings a bit more often. One would think that would impair my night sleep. Nope as today shows I went to bed, read for a bit, fell asleep, got up at around 4 to visit the facilities and fell right back to sleep. Just got up a few minutes ago actually.

I forgot to phone my brother yesterday and left a message that I would phone today. I think the main reason I forgot was the massive headache I had for most of the day. I remembered just as the pain started to leave. I did try to phone but couldn't get through so just left the message with the other brother.

Today I have to make my household task list for next week and that is going to be it as far as unfun have to projects. I will spend the rest of the day working on cutting strips, sewing, and perhaps cutting out one more pattern on knit fabric (I have some lovely ice grey sweater knit that is calling to me). So, most of the day will be spent doing prep work for projects that I hope to finish or start over the next while.

Hubby will be downstairs watching the Grey Cup game and cheering for Toronto. He takes the rivalry between Regina and Winnipeg to heart. Not sure how many will be in the stands, but we will actually be having what is considered a decent winter day in the province.

Supper tonight will see me using chicken breasts instead of a chicken to roast (they were way to costly and the breasts were actually quite reasonable) and using up the leftover rice. Not sure what else I will make, perhaps just the leftover salad. I will probably make Butter Chicken and keep my fingers crossed that there is enough for another meal later in the week.

Today I am grateful that I am getting loads of rest, and lots done on the various projects.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Super cold out here today, the wind is really brusk, but it is sunny.

Somehow fell short on my salad making this month by 5 salads, but the extra lettuce I purchased 10 days or so ago was enough to make up the 5 that I fell short by. The only thing I was missing is a tomato so I made the salads and will pick up the tomato tomorrow when I go out or on Tuesday.

Hard to believe we celebrate Thanksgiving this week, but I'm all prepared. My sister decided that she'd stay at home as did I. Perhaps she'll come over for a few days for Christmas.

I have my chat with my friend which we switched from Saturday to Sunday in a little bit. Other than that I will probably do some reading as I found a new book yesterday morning and I might do some cleaning out of my coloring supply bag.

Dinner tonight is a slice of pizza and some green beans on the side.

Well can't think of anything else right now, so have a wonderful day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I needed coffee as the Deacon filled the chalices full and I had to chug the what seemed to be 2 glasses worth of Altar wine. LOL!

I enjoyed the Christmas festival, I was bundled up, but the wind was cold on my face. I did leave the parade before it was over as my foot was hurting. But you have to love small town parades, the firetrucks, the local elected officials, the Church groups, scouts, youth teams (hockey, lacrosse, volleyball, dance schools, martial arts schools...

I will read my paper when I am through here, Then I need to go to Sam's and fill up with gas. Then I will visit my parents. I went to DS1's yesterday. They were having a lazy day, hanging out.

I have a load of bread cut up and sitting out drying.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, frugal friends. This is going to be a bit of a rant, so if you aren't up for that on this Sunday morning, don't read.

I am frustrated to the point of tears with DD and her SO. Backstory:I have a completely flat tire, something is stuck in it - can't drive. Had to walk to and from work on Thursday, Friday - freezing cold - because...

They have been telling me for a WEEK they would be home on Friday. Then it was Saturday, then it was today - now it is tomorrow - because (QUOTE) "It was really cold outside so we didn't feel like packing up so we just stayed in the cabin." Not only am I waiting on him to change my tire...

Yesterday my neighbor asked me if I could get another driver and taken him to the VA to retrieve his vehicle because they wouldn't let him drive home from his appointment the other day - they are afraid he will have a seizure while driving. I told him about my flat tire, said "hang in there till tomorrow, DD will be home and we'll help you get your car back." Now I need to go tell him that they aren't coming today and I am dreading that. When I sent a text yesterday and asked if they would help him today, they said "sure, of course, etc."

This is MY FAULT - I seem to consistently fail to learn that what they say has no substance. If they say they are going to walk the dogs "in a minute", I think "okay, I don't need to take the dogs out - they are coming to walk them" - and two or three hours go by and then the dogs get walked. If they say they are going to organize their recycling in the garage, I end up doing it because I can't stand the mess.

Last winter when I was walking to work - because no vehicle - he asked me a couple times if I wanted a lift in the morning - I said yes please and told him what time I had to leave. Thankfully, I had the frame of mind to tell him the time I have to leave if I WALK - because he did not get up to give me a ride - "oh, sorry, I overslept."

I am sorry, but I was raised (and believe it or not, raised HER) to SHOW UP for someone if you TELL THEM you are going to SHOW UP for them - and to not say you are going to do XYZ at this time if you are NOT going to do XYZ at this time. I don't think they mean to be any type of way - just no thought to how their actions - or LACK OF actions - impact others.

Other than that - woke to blinding snow this morning but not much accumulation and it has stopped and is very sunny. Had the last of the cream of wheat cereal with a diced apple for breakfast. Dogs have been out a zillion times. One of the outdoor cats come into the back porch and I fed her - the others haven't shown themselves yet - no doubt they want to stay out of the cold.

If they don't come home tomorrow I'm going with another plan to get my tire taken care of - so need to think on that. Need to do some cooking today too. Going to make the best of the day and have a cozy, in the house and cooking sort of day. Hope you are all safe and warm.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:48 am Good morning, frugal friends. This is going to be a bit of a rant, so if you aren't up for that on this Sunday morning, don't read.

I am frustrated to the point of tears with DD and her SO. Backstory:I have a completely flat tire, something is stuck in it - can't drive. Had to walk to and from work on Thursday, Friday - freezing cold - because...

They have been telling me for a WEEK they would be home on Friday. Then it was Saturday, then it was today - now it is tomorrow - because (QUOTE) "It was really cold outside so we didn't feel like packing up so we just stayed in the cabin." Not only am I waiting on him to change my tire...

Yesterday my neighbor asked me if I could get another driver and taken him to the VA to retrieve his vehicle because they wouldn't let him drive home from his appointment the other day - they are afraid he will have a seizure while driving. I told him about my flat tire, said "hang in there till tomorrow, DD will be home and we'll help you get your car back." Now I need to go tell him that they aren't coming today and I am dreading that. When I sent a text yesterday and asked if they would help him today, they said "sure, of course, etc."

This is MY FAULT - I seem to consistently fail to learn that what they say has no substance. If they say they are going to walk the dogs "in a minute", I think "okay, I don't need to take the dogs out - they are coming to walk them" - and two or three hours go by and then the dogs get walked. If they say they are going to organize their recycling in the garage, I end up doing it because I can't stand the mess.

Last winter when I was walking to work - because no vehicle - he asked me a couple times if I wanted a lift in the morning - I said yes please and told him what time I had to leave. Thankfully, I had the frame of mind to tell him the time I have to leave if I WALK - because he did not get up to give me a ride - "oh, sorry, I overslept."

I am sorry, but I was raised (and believe it or not, raised HER) to SHOW UP for someone if you TELL THEM you are going to SHOW UP for them - and to not say you are going to do XYZ at this time if you are NOT going to do XYZ at this time. I don't think they mean to be any type of way - just no thought to how their actions - or LACK OF actions - impact others.

Other than that - woke to blinding snow this morning but not much accumulation and it has stopped and is very sunny. Had the last of the cream of wheat cereal with a diced apple for breakfast. Dogs have been out a zillion times. One of the outdoor cats come into the back porch and I fed her - the others haven't shown themselves yet - no doubt they want to stay out of the cold.

If they don't come home tomorrow I'm going with another plan to get my tire taken care of - so need to think on that. Need to do some cooking today too. Going to make the best of the day and have a cozy, in the house and cooking sort of day. Hope you are all safe and warm.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this frustration.