Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up fairly early because I went to bed early (my fault).

Today I have my typical Monday schedule to look forward to. I will be stopping at Acme on the way home from my coloring group. I also have to pick up a couple of tomatoes while I'm there as well.

I'll be taking my turkey drumsticks out of the freezer mid-day today before I leave for my group. I will be making quite a bit for Thursday but I will be splitting it into 3 meals.

Well nothing more for now, so Happy Monday all.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Thought I would enjoy one cup of coffee before starting to type or get any small jobs completed. I am much more awake and raring to go (well sort of, I think I just might be getting used to the nagging back and hip ache when I arise in the morning). It is my usual big household task day, and I need to get started on those quickly today. I want to be done and dusted by noon.

I think I have enough Butter Chicken for another meal this week. Good thing as I have a feeling this is going to be a busy one. So much to do, and really not enough time in the day to get it done. It does mean changing the menu plan for this week around a bit. I will get that done this morning.

I did finish cutting the strips and the sashing last night. No pattern cutting however, that will need to wait until a spare moment today. That means I will be cutting a few more strips as well...Just keeping my fingers out of the way of the rotary cutter.

Frugally no money will be coming out of the bank. I will be paying bills on Wednesday or Thursday so I am hoping that no other spending will take place this week.

Talked to both DS's last night and both are doing very well. Youngest says that even though he needs to be around people he may go to 2 days working from home this winter just to save a bit more on fuel costs. He had forgotten that I put the dried pumpkin seeds in the oven and well turned the oven on to preheat heard popping and had some dry roasted pumpkin seeds.

Eldest is up to lifting 290 pounds bench pressing and hopes to reach 300 pounds before he comes home for Christmas. While he didn't hurt himself at the gym, he managed to hurt himself helping someone (a friend) with a mattress. Got a lovely fat lip out of the deal.

Supper tonight is going to be sausages, brown beans, and probably some pasta.

Today I am grateful for another fairly nice winter day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I have the house to myself this morning, as both DH and DS have gone to their workplaces. DH goes in occasionally and this is one of those days.

Goldie Dog appears to be fine today. This morning she wanted food and has no symptoms. So I will watch to see if her symptoms return. She is curled up next to me, snoozing away. Right now Dora Kitty is trying to stalk the robot vac and that is so very funny. She is a mighty hunter!

I have not really decided what to cook for supper. Chili, maybe. Or I could thaw some chicken and bake that. Both are easy.

Yesterday evening I ordered an unused Boxclever budget planner book (new but the box has been opened) from a seller on Mercari. It's half the price of it new in the box and the shipping is less on Mercari than other resale sites. Lots of people can do a budget in their heads or on plain paper, but I need a physical tool and this looks like it will work. I had not felt well-prepared the other day when we talked to our financial advisor and this should help.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day, and may your troubles be few. Hugs to all who need them!
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been very busy this morning, I have a dress wash in the dryer, a white wash in the washer.

I finished loading and set off the dishwasher.

I have a few hand dishes to wash.

I need to fold some towels.

My arthritis is quite painful today. I have an ice pack at the back of my neck. My neck creaks when I move my head sometimes.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

For those who use a rotary cutter, they do sell gloves that can reduce the chance of getting cut.

I have a pair. They are not expensive.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

When I visited Mom and dad yesterday, I helped them move Mom's desk out of the utility room where a new floor will be installed tomorrow.

Then I came home and ironed my Quilt geese, repinned and marked them. I slept in this morning and then put on a pot of Black bean soup. I will take some over to Mom and Dad's tomorrow so Dad and DNiece, who eats vegetarian and is visiting for Thanksgiving, can eat it.

I have a noon appointment for a haircut and eyebrow wax.

Have a great day,
Maggie