Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

There were huge cheers from the basement and probably youngest sons place when Toronto won the Grey Cup.

I did one stripe on the rug and then my poor cut finger started to hurt. I moved on to knitting, and that isn't going so well either. Perhaps tonight I will do some pinning of fabric so that I can sew tomorrow.

While the cut isn't that bad, it is enough to cause me problems crafting or doing household tasks. I will work through this though. I am sure that I can get a few things done even with the stupid cut.

I looked into those gloves that Penny talked about and while the cost might not be high in the U.S. in Canada the least expensive pair is around the $25.00 mark and I am not too sure how good they would be. Two cuts in 20 years is something I can put up with.

Supper is cooking, the weather is saying that we have more snow on the way. I am so glad that I do not have to leave the house until Thursday. Though I do have to pull the garbage out, and probably take a short walk for the mail tomorrow (I am only picking up the mail every second day).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Picked up the leftover fried rice from our Chinese food the other night. It is destined to become jambalaya. I have bits and pieces of chicken breast, sausage, ham so everything needed and I only have handfuls of each so, jambalaya it is lol.
The girls also sent me home with the handfuls of the catered brunch at DD2's office...that was supper. Pretty good! I want to wash the 1/2 size heavy aluminum pans it all came in. I am going to roast the Thanksgiving chicken in them for ease of transport and convenience.

I got the errands done, and the house chores completed. The sun was out today and with more seasonal temps, it was awesome.
I picked up the stuff to highlight DD's hair sometime this weekend. I will probably do mine also. It is easier to do someone else's than my own.

Off to read and probably watch a bit of TV

JCKItty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening! I was so excited to get completely moved into my new office at work today - with new furniture, new window blinds and drapes. I have the most amazing filing system built right into my desk - no more ugly metal filing cabinets. They moved and set up my computer right at the end of the day so I'm excited to go back tomorrow and work in my new space.

The kiddos are home and unpacked (bonus - they brought Chinese food for dinner - no leftovers from mine, I was starving!) and out for a short walk with the dogs, then they will bring Lucy back and continue on with their dog and Hope - I am afraid Lucy can't go the full distance. It is kind of weird to be home without my dogs, I have to say.

My insurance company is sending a truck to change my tire tomorrow - no charge - they said it is covered in my policy - thanks for that suggestion, Maggie!! My hands and feet are freezing so I'm off to bed - I will work on a crossword puzzle while I wait for Lucy to return - she needs help to get on the bed.

Have a great evening everyone - stay warm and safe.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:15 pm Good evening! I was so excited to get completely moved into my new office at work today - with new furniture, new window blinds and drapes. I have the most amazing filing system built right into my desk - no more ugly metal filing cabinets. They moved and set up my computer right at the end of the day so I'm excited to go back tomorrow and work in my new space.

The kiddos are home and unpacked (bonus - they brought Chinese food for dinner - no leftovers from mine, I was starving!) and out for a short walk with the dogs, then they will bring Lucy back and continue on with their dog and Hope - I am afraid Lucy can't go the full distance. It is kind of weird to be home without my dogs, I have to say.

My insurance company is sending a truck to change my tire tomorrow - no charge - they said it is covered in my policy - thanks for that suggestion, Maggie!! My hands and feet are freezing so I'm off to bed - I will work on a crossword puzzle while I wait for Lucy to return - she needs help to get on the bed.

Have a great evening everyone - stay warm and safe.
Yay!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Reading stories about people's Thanksgiving stress.

Some folks just said the heck with it and took a cruise. That sounds so tempting.

:D