Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in November 21, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Thank you, MJ. She has apparently hurt her back somehow. I have her back home and she has medication for pain and inflammation. They gave her a shot of a powerful painkiller and another of steroids. She is on restricted activity and we have to keep an eye out for any signs that it's getting worse.

Poor little boo is absolutely stoned right now. She's asleep in the living room, snoring her head off.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I got up very early and came out and sat in the recliner with my electric throw and managed to doze off a bit before being able to go back to bed for a bit. I feel much more awake but could use another espresso!

After yesterday's tangent here on the forum, I owe all of you an apology. I am so sorry that I got carried away. I care about you, my friends, and want the best for all of you. I was wrong and I apologize and am ashamed of myself. I have more to learn on this life's journey. I keep on learning and have more to go.

I am still quite captivated by the inquiry into the Freedumb Convoy that took place in Ottawa in January and February. It is very interesting to hear what is coming out. The lawyer for the convoy is terrible. He was admonished several times today by other lawyers who didn't like that he was commenting on evidence without fact. The commissioner had to shut him down several times for statements and continually asking the same question attempting to get the answer he wanted when the CSIS wouldn't answer the way he wanted. He always starts his "questions" with "Wouldn't you say that it is true. . ." or "Will you agree that. . ." It's a very sneaky and to me underhanded way of being a lawyer but I just remember who is is acting on behalf of and that pretty much explains it.

I spent a great deal of yesterday snivelling and contacting friends who might be able to give a donation to one of my two best friends from high school's son. He has been surviving brain cancer since he was a little guy. He is not 21 and had his last tumor surgery this summer. His dream is to have a bedroom make-over where he can rest and do his best to recover from the daily sickness he feels as an affect of his cancer. The make-over will be in January. I started crying when this young man wrote, "The doctors tell me it is terminal but I always have hope." Oh, my! I just can't. I got 4 people to donate to the cause. Any little bit helps. I'll try to send $10 USA cash in December. Lisa was one of my two besties who helped me pack-up and drove me all the way to Canada when Nori kicked me out of the house despite the fact I was helping with Dad. Dad didn't want me to go but he knew that Nori would never ease up on me. Lisa and Julie were there for me then and I try to be there for them to the best of my financial ability.

I'll be puttering in the kitchen this afternoon while listening to the inquiry. I have to go out to deliver my income statement to the Provincial Building and stop at the pharmacy to get my monthly medications. I could have them delivered but since I have to go out anyway, the fresh air and the steps will be good for me.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ

Clem,
Congratulations on the Cowboys win over my Minnesota Vikings! That was a great game for Dallas and a NIGHTMARE for Vikings fans. YIKES was it bad. I switched over to watching Canada's Grey Cup when CBS had enough of broadcasting the disaster and switched to another football game! LOL

Jackie,
I'm sure there was celebrating from the basement last night as Ottawa stopped Winnipeg from winning the Grey Cup and having a "Three-pet" of winning it three years in a row. It was a good game. I'm sure your DH was delighted with the Blue Bombers going down on the Rough Riders' field!
Hope has a good imagination.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:53 pm Salut mes amis,

I got up very early and came out and sat in the recliner with my electric throw and managed to doze off a bit before being able to go back to bed for a bit. I feel much more awake but could use another espresso!

After yesterday's tangent here on the forum, I owe all of you an apology. I am so sorry that I got carried away. I care about you, my friends, and want the best for all of you. I was wrong and I apologize and am ashamed of myself. I have more to learn on this life's journey. I keep on learning and have more to go.
MJ, so you so very generous in your apologies in addition to sharing your money and your self. I think in print your PTSD gets in your way and you want to advise everyone to take the nuclear option. But in real life, like with the mooch friend, you cannot enter the nuclear codes. (That is a good thing). You care so much for people being taken advantage of. Just remember that and try to write advice in that vein. But you are a good friend .
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well this US should have won, but at the same time I LOVE Bale, so Im okay with the draw, lol!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:06 pm Well this US should have won, but at the same time I LOVE Bale, so Im okay with the draw, lol!
I know nothing about World Cup soccer but I had the game on on Peacock - in Spanish! - since I don’t get Fox. Wales must have scored close to the end because I turned it off around 77 minutes when I went upstairs to get ready for dinner tonight and it was still 1-0. I’m surprised because I’ve heard that Wales hasn’t been in the World Cup for decades so I thought it would be an easy win for the U.S. Not so!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:48 pm MJ, so you so very generous in your apologies in addition to sharing your money and your self. I think in print your PTSD gets in your way and you want to advise everyone to take the nuclear option. But in real life, like with the mooch friend, you cannot enter the nuclear codes. (That is a good thing). You care so much for people being taken advantage of. Just remember that and try to write advice in that vein. But you are a good friend .
Maggie,

Thank you for your kindness. Yes, I don't like to see people taken advantage of, no matter who they are. I guess it goes back to WHY I have CPTSD and, although I didn't react as a kid? I do now and I need to do some big time "Chillaxin" on that.

I said I had "my Irish up." Maybe I should also consider not having potatoes for 4 our of 7 meals last week. (that's an attempt at humor).

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.