Daily Check In November 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In November 22, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Up at a decent time and getting things done. 1 load of laundry done and on the lines outside, sun is shining and it is slowly warming up. If winter could stay like this, I would be fine with it.
I have the cornbread dressing started, cornbread from freezer, bread toasted and drying, celery and onion in a pan with butter on the wood stove cooking. I have the cranberry sauce made and in the fridge.
I have the beans staged for baking on Thursday AM and the eggs ready to boil for the deviled eggs. I hope to get the eggs done this afternoon because we all like them to set for a bit to let the flavors meld.

I am not making pies this year because DD2 ordered them from the career centers home economics group. They are all made from scratch and very good. Plus the money supports their efforts.

I will need to clean floors this afternoon, they look awful to me. :roll:

ICfrugal, so very sorry for your loss.

JCKItty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Looks like I am ready to go physically, but not mentally - :mrgreen:

Sheesh I need to relax. The COD tells me not to worry about the boys and girls.

I know that I need this little getaway - just getting to sleep and not having to get up early to take them out for a few days will be nice.

When I get back - I need to start getting organized again!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I am still so ashamed of myself for what I said to Sheila. I'd like to crawl and hide under my rock but I am trying to forge forward and be better. It takes a while before I am done beating myself up for being ignorant, arrogant and presumptive as I was the other day. I am so ashamed of myself. I am so sorry to all of you gals who I consider my friends.

I am popping by today to leave a link for the Americans who do geneology. Henry Louise Gates jr., who does the PBS show, Finding your Roots, is casting a "regular" person to have their geneology be done by their experts. I would have loved to do that on my Metis side but only those who live in the USA can apply.

Here is the link to the form for application.

https://fyrcasting.castingcrane.com/

It would be so coolio if one of our gals was chosen for this!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal2 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:57 am Yesterday one of DH's younger brothers died, he was 64, and it was cancer, not unexpected, but still a surprise.

Their mother died Nov 2021

We had been over there on Sunday.

IC
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad your DH got to visit his brother Sunday.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:27 pm Salut mes amis,

I am still so ashamed of myself for what I said to Sheila. I'd like to crawl and hide under my rock but I am trying to forge forward and be better. It takes a while before I am done beating myself up for being ignorant, arrogant and presumptive as I was the other day. I am so ashamed of myself. I am so sorry to all of you gals who I consider my friends.

I am popping by today to leave a link for the Americans who do geneology. Henry Louise Gates jr., who does the PBS show, Finding your Roots, is casting a "regular" person to have their geneology be done by their experts. I would have loved to do that on my Metis side but only those who live in the USA can apply.

Here is the link to the form for application.

https://fyrcasting.castingcrane.com/

It would be so coolio if one of our gals was chosen for this!!

MJ
MJ Honey...I am sure Sheila understands you have triggers. You have apologized to her and to everyone here. Now you need to give yourself some grace. We all get frustrated with our family members from time to time and need to vent. It was just a vent from Sheila. Let's all move on...we are a great group here!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, this has been such a hard year for your husband. I hope he is going to be all right.

I have finally cleaned up my little desk in DH's office and that was an ordeal. Threw away a bunch of stuff, shredded stuff, sorted out most of a basket of items to go to Goodwill. I also fired up my laptop and downloaded Open Office, having lost the use of Microsoft Office through my old job.

I also e-mailed Chewy about returning several items and looked at what we've spent so far this month. A good bit less on groceries than I thought, but a lot on the pets. We are cutting back on buying them treats and going to do more of their shopping at Tractor Supply to cut costs.

DH and I were talking last night about the monthly sewage bill, which is three times the cost of water and we just had a 9.8 % increase levied on it if one's household goes over a certain level of water use. I told him we have to cut back on water use to stay under the increase penalty. This means reining in DS's water use, but I have to put it to him in a way that he won't get all flustered due to his Asperger's.
Mackie