Daily Check In November 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In November 22, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Just delivered deviled eggs and cranberry sauce to the DD's ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Their fridge is much bigger than mine.
Came home to jambalaya and had some cranberry sauce with it even though it hasn't completely set...so good. Jambalaya is awesome! It will make a nice change from Thanksgiving leftovers. I used the package of bacon smoked sausage dogs that on their own were too salty to eat. I just didn't add any salt to the pan and it worked out great. So it used up the handfuls of meats and the leftover combo fried rice. Perfect!
I love it when a plan works out and no waste.
Still have one floor to clean but it may wait till tomorrow. I spent a bit of time outside today, picking up sticks and just messing around. It was sunny and nice, felt so good.
Need to catch up on some blog reading and then will just relax.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

casadekitty wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:18 pm Update:

Oh Bev I feel your pain, I go thru that with my pantry and home canning.

I have been so busy today! Right in the middle of everything I was trying to get done, the leaf blowing crew showed up and was I ever happy to see them. Oh my, I can't believe how many leaves they had to get moved. Plus they cleaned off the roof of the garage and the sunroom/gutters.
They discovered a small hole in the garage roof, right where there was a huge limb blown down in that horrific wind we had a couple of Saturdays ago. I have a call into the repair guy. Just thankful they discovered it and told me.
Of course while they were blowing leaves in the back "the brother" came up thru the woods to stand and make sure they didn't blow any leaves into his part of the woods :roll: He can be a real butt when he wants to, which is most of the time. But it is done and I am so thankful.
The eggs are boiled and deviled. Cranberry sauce is done and in the fridge. I wish I had made plans to make butter horn rolls but the girls already bought rolls .
I have my jambalaya started on the wood stove. Smells good...supper and possibly some for the freezer.
One more floor to clean and then I am calling it quits for the day.

JCKitty
I love that you cook some things on your wood stove.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Made it to our destination. It’s overcast here but not raining. Hotel is nice and comfy. Suite type with kitchen and sitting area. Went for snacks at the restaurant next door before heading out to sibling for dinner

Had nice convo there. Came back. Took a nice hot shower and now relaxing in bed. All warm and comfy

I let the cod know we are here. He said to have fun. And not to worry
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:15 am Since you discovered that the cut bled during the night are you sure you don't need a stitch in that finger? It may be deeper than you thought.
I checked again and it is the way the cut is. A small flap can sometimes get caught on something and open a bit. It isn't that deep, just enough of the blood vessels were cut to enable it to bleed a lot to begin with.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:31 am Jackie, I am often slightly envious at what a good eater your husband is. Mine might eat rice and cabbage in a famine but not voluntarily otherwise. :)

Yesterday I used an old orthopedic foam mattress topper and a sheet to make a really large dog bed for the den floor. Two of them can sleep on it at once with room leftover. When bed time came, we put the new bed in DH's office and put Goldie and Lily in there together. Poor Goldie was so out of it from her pain shot that we did not want her to be alone. They did great overnight and Goldie seems to be feeling much better today.

Today I have to get some things accomplished: some housecleaning, laundry, and getting Goldie's gabepentin prescription filled. Our vet does not dispense any federally regulated pain medications: we have to get those at the pharmacy. I used to be able to use a GoodRx card for the dogs' medications, so we'll see if that still works.

That's about it at the dog hospital this morning. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day, and may your troubles be few -- if not absent. :)
I think a great deal of his eating habits come from being in a family of 11 (not including his parents). I am very thankful for that. There are a few things I made that he has not liked, and he told me so. I don't and will not make those any longer.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/