Daily Check In November 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In November 22, 2022

Post by Beverley »

#$$^%^@^&(*Y!! How does this happen?

Yesterday I bought three bags of food plus (loss leaders) a 10 pound turkey (the smallest one they had; not frozen)
I was able to put all I needed in my freezers. This morning I decided to clean and defrost the chest freezer since I knew there were some things buried in there that I needed. I did pull out three rolls of Jimmy Dean sausage (also buried) and cooked one roll yesterday. It did not taste all that great but figured it was safe to be used since it had been buried. I will be using that plus cooking the other two rolls to slowly mix in with Buddy's food (will have to freeze it since I do not want to give him too much at once)

We have been trying to eat down the freezers but due to my eating less (and trying to get DS to as well) it has been slow going. None the less things got eaten in small amounts.

Well one thing led to another and I ended up shifting things around in my freezers and pulling things out to use this week. The result? I ran out of freezer space. What the heck?? So I unboxed my frozen waffles and did some other maneuvers to free up some space. Items tend to cascade in my over the fridge freezer in the garage so I finally was able to push and shove and got everything in without the cascading down. I was able to shove small packages of veggies in my bottom of the fridge kitchen freezer. I finally was able to get the few remaining packages in to the chest freezer and almost sat on the lid to make it close securely.

It is not even noon yet and I'm tired.

It seems like when I remove a few things from a freezer it manages to fill up more than before without me adding anything to it.

Now I am off to do my crossword puzzles.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, I feel for you playing Freezer Jenja. I can't seem to make headway because I do things like cook baked beans to freeze, so now there's a basket full of jars taking up space. The beans are good, though, and one little jar makes three servings for me.

I have felt sort of awful all day physically. The arthritis is kicking my behind today after sitting in hard chairs at the vet's office yesterday. I also definitely need a decent desk chair here at home: the little folding chair I have is like sitting halfway to the floor. Maybe something will turn up in the Christmas sales.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Oh Bev I feel your pain, I go thru that with my pantry and home canning.

I have been so busy today! Right in the middle of everything I was trying to get done, the leaf blowing crew showed up and was I ever happy to see them. Oh my, I can't believe how many leaves they had to get moved. Plus they cleaned off the roof of the garage and the sunroom/gutters.
They discovered a small hole in the garage roof, right where there was a huge limb blown down in that horrific wind we had a couple of Saturdays ago. I have a call into the repair guy. Just thankful they discovered it and told me.
Of course while they were blowing leaves in the back "the brother" came up thru the woods to stand and make sure they didn't blow any leaves into his part of the woods :roll: He can be a real butt when he wants to, which is most of the time. But it is done and I am so thankful.
The eggs are boiled and deviled. Cranberry sauce is done and in the fridge. I wish I had made plans to make butter horn rolls but the girls already bought rolls .
I have my jambalaya started on the wood stove. Smells good...supper and possibly some for the freezer.
One more floor to clean and then I am calling it quits for the day.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had an appointment with my primary care Doctor. I have a referral to a podiatrist.

I have a Baker’s cyst behind my knee. He feels it should go away by itself.

I go back in March.

It is a cold dreary day occasionally we have rain.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:31 am Jackie, I am often slightly envious at what a good eater your husband is. Mine might eat rice and cabbage in a famine but not voluntarily otherwise. :)

Yesterday I used an old orthopedic foam mattress topper and a sheet to make a really large dog bed for the den floor. Two of them can sleep on it at once with room leftover. When bed time came, we put the new bed in DH's office and put Goldie and Lily in there together. Poor Goldie was so out of it from her pain shot that we did not want her to be alone. They did great overnight and Goldie seems to be feeling much better today.

Today I have to get some things accomplished: some housecleaning, laundry, and getting Goldie's gabepentin prescription filled. Our vet does not dispense any federally regulated pain medications: we have to get those at the pharmacy. I used to be able to use a GoodRx card for the dogs' medications, so we'll see if that still works.

That's about it at the dog hospital this morning. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day, and may your troubles be few -- if not absent. :)
I am so happy to read that your little Goldie is feeling better - we hurt when they hurt. Sending love to Goldie and Lily!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It was a good day at work. I got my new space all organized and had a big 'ol purge of things not needed and sent several big boxes of old records to the cellar to be stored for 7 years. Anything that was questionable as to whether I should keep it or not went to storage, contents of each box carefully recorded.

I went in late because I waited for my tire to get changed - that went well and the guy even walked Hope around the yard while I went inside to get him the keys - that's service! :-)

Home to two very content and well behaved dogs - they are much happier when DD is here as they don't have to be gated in the back hallway and get outside throughout the day. Makes my evening much nicer as I am able to relax immediately rather than catering to their needs and wants first (not to say that isn't my responsibility as a dog owner but if someone else is doing it for me - heck yes!).

Supper will be a lentil burger and a baked potato diced up and fried. I had broccoli for lunch and peaches with my breakfast so going to skip the veggie - not feeling it.

Tomorrow after work I need to make a run to FD for canned cat food and sweet potatoes (I'm going with canned for my Thanksgiving contribution - something I would have said I would never do - but my energy is low and my stress has been running high, so taking that shortcut).

Off to browse the forum and check email then early to bed.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz