Daily Check In November 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Back, coffee in hand and hopefully fingers working properly. I do see that sometime during the night I bled through the band aid on my cut finger. I will change the dressing at some point today, hopefully soon I will be able to leave it off.

Not as big a list of household tasks today. Still there is enough to keep me busy most of the morning. I should however be more than able to get through things and still have time to do another smallish pickup in the sewing/craft room. I have decided that room needs a really thorough cleaning and storage update. The storage update could be part of a project for next year. But the cleaning needs to take place once all the projects are completed, and gifts are distributed at Christmas.

Frugally no money has been spent this week. I am tempted to get the bills paid online today, and if I end up having enough time this morning I will do so. Lately I have been going out for coffee to a friend's place every morning that needs to stop. I know her hubby drives her nuts, but I need to cut back on the visits as yesterday she started to get on my nerves a bit. I never realized that she did not know the difference between am and pm. She kept trying to tell me that 12 noon was 12 am and that midnight on the 22 was actually midnight the 21. I almost lost it on her. The best thing would be to stay away from her for a while.

Along with working on one rug stripe, I would like to get more pinning done on the quilt. Probably get the centers pinned and maybe even sewn this morning, and hopefully about 1/2 the other pieces done as well (at least pinned and ready to go). I need to get the quilt to the actual quilting stage very soon and then decide how I want to quilt it.. by hand or machine. Not sure if machine would be any quicker than by hand right now.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover Butter Chicken and rice. Hubby was asking about green beans so I will make those as well as a side. I am also going to add in the remaining cabbage, fried. Clearing out the crisper. I might even make a pie or two (pumpkin) for dessert the rest of the week. That is if I have canned milk available in the pantry.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:09 am
Back, coffee in hand and hopefully fingers working properly. I do see that sometime during the night I bled through the band aid on my cut finger. I will change the dressing at some point today, hopefully soon I will be able to leave it off.
Since you discovered that the cut bled during the night are you sure you don't need a stitch in that finger? It may be deeper than you thought.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Yesterday was a bit on the cool side; did not get out of the 30s. The next few days are expected to be warmer so the marchers in the Macy's parade should not be as frozen as they were last year.

Yesterday 6 special celebrity buses that were contracted by Macy's for the parade were destroyed in a fire. They are valued at about $3,000,000. They are still investigating the cause but apparently will not affect the parade as the rental company has obtained replacements.

Today I have to work on my Ancestry project for a while as I haven't touched it for a few weeks. The rest of my daily tasks are complete so I'll that after I finish my post.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I am often slightly envious at what a good eater your husband is. Mine might eat rice and cabbage in a famine but not voluntarily otherwise. :)

Yesterday I used an old orthopedic foam mattress topper and a sheet to make a really large dog bed for the den floor. Two of them can sleep on it at once with room leftover. When bed time came, we put the new bed in DH's office and put Goldie and Lily in there together. Poor Goldie was so out of it from her pain shot that we did not want her to be alone. They did great overnight and Goldie seems to be feeling much better today.

Today I have to get some things accomplished: some housecleaning, laundry, and getting Goldie's gabepentin prescription filled. Our vet does not dispense any federally regulated pain medications: we have to get those at the pharmacy. I used to be able to use a GoodRx card for the dogs' medications, so we'll see if that still works.

That's about it at the dog hospital this morning. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day, and may your troubles be few -- if not absent. :)
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

So Mom and I are going to the bigger city to do some shopping this morning. So I scrambled to straighten up a bit. She will drive here and then I will drive down. We will see how long we last. Then tonight I have tickets for the traveling production of "Legally Blonde". I hope it is as good as "pretty Woman" was. I am taking my Aunt. She took me to see Jesus Christ Superstar last season as my uncle likes his religion to be more traditional. LOL. I did not have tickets last season, and she did not get them this season. We will meet for dinner before hand.

I hit up a bookstore yesterday and finished up the DGSs. Mom is done. I want a second, small gift for Dad. I have ideas for DS2. I want to get something small for DS2's GF. And DB2 & DSisIL2.

Have a great day,
Maggie