Tea and Coffee Questions

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Tea and Coffee Questions

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings friends. Who is a tea drinker, coffee drinker, or both? Just wondering how you all make and drink your tea and coffee. Is there a way you prepare them because you prefer it or because you think it is more economical?

I used to use tea leaves with a tea ball and make tea that way - now I just use tea bags - they come in so many tasty flavors. I sometimes add just a splash of vanilla almond milk to my tea but mostly leave it plain.

For coffee I use a Mr. Coffee brew coffee maker most days. I do have a pour over coffee maker that I use if I just want a cup of decaf in the evening. I drink my morning coffee black, no sugar. If I'm having a decaf, I shake up a couple tablespoons of vegan milk or creamer with a a little brown sugar in a jar to make it "frosty" and top the decaf with that.

I have cut back on my morning consumption of coffee - I don't need 3 or 4 cups, I just need 1 or 2. I have vowed no more tea bags until I use up what I already have - it is quite the collection.

I prefer my coffee and tea hot over cold - but will drink them both cold once in a blue moon. How do you like yours and how do you prepare it?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Re: Tea and Coffee Questions

Post by MackerelCat »

Tea bags. Mr. Coffee. Both tea and coffee hot with almond milk, no sugar. I do l8ke unsweetened iced tea in the summer.

I have a Keurig machine and make reusable K-cups, but like a big cup in the winter and that's easier with the Mr. Coffee.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Tea bags usually; brewed coffee (Proctor-Silex).

I prefer my morning coffee hot with sugar, but I always have a pitcher of unsweetened iced tea in the fridge.Though I occasionally will have an iced coffee in the summer, and a cuppa once the weather turns cold.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:44 pm Greetings friends. Who is a tea drinker, coffee drinker, or both? Just wondering how you all make and drink your tea and coffee. Is there a way you prepare them because you prefer it or because you think it is more economical?

I used to use tea leaves with a tea ball and make tea that way - now I just use tea bags - they come in so many tasty flavors. I sometimes add just a splash of vanilla almond milk to my tea but mostly leave it plain.

For coffee I use a Mr. Coffee brew coffee maker most days. I do have a pour over coffee maker that I use if I just want a cup of decaf in the evening. I drink my morning coffee black, no sugar. If I'm having a decaf, I shake up a couple tablespoons of vegan milk or creamer with a a little brown sugar in a jar to make it "frosty" and top the decaf with that.

I have cut back on my morning consumption of coffee - I don't need 3 or 4 cups, I just need 1 or 2. I have vowed no more tea bags until I use up what I already have - it is quite the collection.

I prefer my coffee and tea hot over cold - but will drink them both cold once in a blue moon. How do you like yours and how do you prepare it?
Coffee and tea. Tea is usually bagged, Earl Grey decaf or mint, in the mid/late evening, DH uses the electric kettle the folks here convinced me to buy (you all were right, this thing is brilliant!) and I add a couple drops of stevia. He also brings back all kinds of teas from trips. Some good, some :shock:

Coffee... my stomach can't do "good" coffee anymore, so we have a Mr. Coffee and use a low-acid variety; a little stevia and some half-and-half and I'm good to go, no more than ~ 12oz a day.

I still have the distinct memory of coffee made by two of my aunts in France (cafe au lait is a staple once you're about 3, LOL, so my memory is looong on the flavor). When I went back as a teen I had more coffee and less milk, but it was so smooth eventually I just skipped the milk altogether. I've never tasted anything like their coffee anywhere else and would LOVE a cup now, but one aunt has passed and the other is 94 and in assisted living in Le Harve; they're bringing her coffee instead of letting her make it herself. DH asked once if either used a French press, but they both used the old-fashioned stove-top percolators.

Since moving here, before the stomach revolution, I tried every kind of coffee I could find in both preground and whole bean, with nearly every process, and have while some of it was pretty good, I've never had anything like "French" coffee (which is nearly an oxymoron, the French don't grow coffee - I have no idea where coffee that's imported to Europe comes from - do they grow it in Africa? - but wherever it comes from, it's amazing).

I have other aunts beyond those, but one doesn't like coffee and the others must have been buying a different kind for 50+ years, it just doesn't taste the same.

And sugar, for whatever reason, was in cute little cubes instead of "loose." Two lumps per cup. Sure can't do that now! :lol:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Both, it depends on my mood.

Tea is always in bags, though eldest who is a tea snob, has been trying to get me to use loose. The only loose I use is my mint leaves.

Coffee is done in our Keurig (cause our old pot died) and I usually get dark roast K-cups. It is our one treat and we usually each have 2 cups in a morning. Sometimes I will have a 3rd, but then it is instant.

Always, always, drink it black. I have since high school.

Tea, well mint, Sleepytime, lemon, and a few others. My favourite though is English Breakfast, and of course Canada's own Red Rose (brand name for a wonderful orange pekoe).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Coffee - I use an Aero Press to make a cup at a time. Usually 1 cup per day. Sometimes 2. I like milk/cream with it. This time of the year I buy the Coffee Mate sugar free peppermint Mocha creamer. Actually the last 2 mornings I have used a pour over holder that fits a filter to make a larger cup. When I venture out and about in the AM, I often swing into Starbucks. I but Starbucks gift cards at Kroger where I get points towards gas discounts.

I do like iced coffee in the summer. I also like The Maxwell House (formerly General Foods) instant coffee in sugar free, decaffeinated French Vanilla occasionally.

As for tea, I drink more iced. I make it with tea bags in quart jars. I have trained myself to drink it unsweetened and without any milk.