Tea and Coffee Questions

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Tea and Coffee Questions

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I use a Keurig coffee maker, I used to do pour over coffee. But my son and daughter decided that a Keurig was safer for me. My son gives me the K-cups. He also gave me the Keurig.

As for tea, I buy mint tea tea bags. Some times I have it hot with a tiny bit of sugar. Most of the time iced, I use a very tiny amount of sugar, less than half a teaspoon.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Tea bags ad an electric kettle and diet coke. I only drink herbal tea and prefer my caffeine cold.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

No coffee for me. I like herbal teas (tea bags) plain with no sugar or milk when I want a hot drink which is only in winter. For cold drinks, I used to drink a lot of Crystal Light but I just drink water now except sometimes iced tea at the restaurant. I do get a craving for a Diet Coke every so often.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Odd one here! I don't like either..hot or cold!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:02 am Both, it depends on my mood.

Tea is always in bags, though eldest who is a tea snob, has been trying to get me to use loose. The only loose I use is my mint leaves.

Coffee is done in our Keurig (cause our old pot died) and I usually get dark roast K-cups. It is our one treat and we usually each have 2 cups in a morning. Sometimes I will have a 3rd, but then it is instant.

Always, always, drink it black. I have since high school.

Tea, well mint, Sleepytime, lemon, and a few others. My favourite though is English Breakfast, and of course Canada's own Red Rose (brand name for a wonderful orange pekoe).
We have Red Rose here too - or at least we once did - my Gram always said it was the best and it was the only kind she bought.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:59 pm We have Red Rose here too - or at least we once did - my Gram always said it was the best and it was the only kind she bought.
LOL, I always remember the commercial that I saw growing up. It had two very snooty English women in it drinking tea and saying how good it was. An upright butler type comes in and they ask him to purchase some.... He says, "It is only available in Canada". One of the women take a sip of the tea and says "Pity".

Wonder if your Gram got it in a foreign food section.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/