Daily Check In November 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 23, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Getting my coffee. Back with it in hand very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 23, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

This week is going to be very different from the previous couple. Yesterday we got above freezing and today will be even warmer. Not typical at all. Things are melting all over, which means once the cold hits again there is going to be lots of ice on sidewalks, and streets. So far, no rain has been added to the mix, so we are lucky that way.

Household tasks for today are not many. I need to dust, scan the prescription pick up from the end of last week, and do some extra cleaning (perhaps the upper cabinet where I keep my bits of good dishes and wine glasses). It just needs a really good dusting and wipe down of the items in there.

I also want to read the final two chapters before Bible study tomorrow. Not sure if I want to attend what could end up being a lecture. I guess I should as more and more people (and by this, I mean leaders) have been backing out. I shall see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I made 2 pumpkin pies. Both are in the fridge right now, but I will be preparing one for the freezer. Yum, they taste so much better when you use homemade puree.

Only one stripe done on the rug yesterday, but I did pin lots together to sew on the quilt this morning. I am hoping to get at least 4 or 5 full blocks completed and then hopefully the final ones tomorrow. Still a way to go on both projects but slowly they are taking shape.

Frugally today, no money will be spent, I will not be driving anywhere, and things will continue to be used up in the house. I will also see what new and exciting patterns or recipes are online. I need to expand my meatless meal ideas to winter things.

Supper tonight is going to be Chili. I plan on making a rather large batch so I can freeze a meal for us when the countdown to Christmas is on and still have enough for a meal on the weekend. Today the meal will be served with toast, later on over pasta.

Today I am grateful that I will be able to get out and have a small walk this morning. Putting the cleats on and enjoying the fresh air.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A bit chilly but warming up to high 40s today . . . I'll take it.

Just got back from the grocery store; had to get another half gallon of milk. When i went out I found a newspaper on the sidewalk which I knew was mine because I'm the only one who subscribes in this section. Surprised to see that it's tomorrow's paper so no more big Thursday Black Friday specials LOL.

Just put my yellow turnip (aka rutabaga) on. I want to have it already to go for tomorrow.

My Wednesday routine is complete so the rest of the day is mine to do whatever i choose. I will probably read, play some computer games and pull out my coloring page.

Dinner tonight is a hot pocket sandwich and some veggies as a side.

Have a great day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Reading Jackie's check in reminded me I want to make a pumpkin roll today.

I slept in again. Of course I did not get home after the show until almost 11. They made Legally Blonde into a musical. They did a good job. There was a young audience who giggled and gasped a lot.

This morning I am planning to read my cert exam prep book for a bit. I guess make the Pumpkin roll in between. I will probably run over to Mom and Dad's and see the new floor, visit with my niece and see if they need any help with preparations.

Have a great day,
Maggie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I am up, didn't sleep well until after 2:am....ugh. For some reason my old dog would not settle down. But he is up and fine this morning :?

I will be putting the chickens in cold water here in a bit for thawing, mixing up the dressing and putting it in the fridge for stuffing the birds tomorrow AM.
I also want to mix the beans for baking. Then other than the baking my prep for the meal is complete.

It is supposed to be almost 60 degrees today, I want to spend time outside enjoying the warmth and sunshine. I have some things on the patio to stow away for winter.
I called the repair guy for the small hole in the garage roof. He will be here sometime next week.

The family has to work today, but most have Friday off. I usually decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving.
I think this year the decor will be minimal. I remember the days of a decorated tree in every room and the great room had 2 big trees. I am just not feeling it this year. Probably a few vignettes and a very small tree that I will put in the children's sleigh.

Off to get this day going.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, all. I slept in this morning, which has thrown me behind. I had planned to do Thanksgiving baking and give the dogs a bath, as today is the last warm day we will have for a while. Got to hustle now.

Confession time: I am so over baking. If I could find a decent gluten-free cake to take to this get-gether, money happily would be thrown at the problem.

Yesterday I did get the laundry done, although circumstances dictated using the dryer instead of hanging the wet wash to dry. Also took a pile of stuff to Goodwill and stopped at Dollar Tree for a jug of window cleaner. I could see Interstate 75 South from that shopping center and the traffic was already wall to wall.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie