Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Have had pizza for supper with the DD's, the older grands are off doing "whatever" and we were all exhausted from decorating for Christmas so pizza it is! I need no excuse to have pizza, I love it.
Their decorations look wonderful too, my parents would be thrilled to see all they have done.

I have my list made for tomorrows chores, clean up the loft area and put the decor boxes back into the attic. I need to put the plaid ribbon on the railing and lights on the mantel and then clean floors. It won't take long. Tomorrow evening I will put highlights into DD's hair and Sunday we will be grinding pork and making sausage and pork burger.

Clem, I have had that happen to my circuit breakers before, I will not mess with circuit breakers. I have rewired outlets and light fixtures and such but I will not mess with the breaker box.

Just got out of the tub, long hot soak and feels good to just relax for a bit.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I am sorry the house is on the fritz. Got fingers crossed it's nothing awful.

JCKitty, your holiday with the kids and all the decorating sounds wonderful.

My only shopping today was picking up a prescription and getting some Vitamin D capsules on a BOGO because I had run out. I took a day off and just looked after the dogs. Getting multiple medications down all three of them twice a day is quite a chore. Did read the grocery store ads, although there's not really anything we need I know of except more beef baby food for the dogs.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:16 pm Clem, I am sorry the house is on the fritz. Got fingers crossed it's nothing awful.

JCKitty, your holiday with the kids and all the decorating sounds wonderful.

My only shopping today was picking up a prescription and getting some Vitamin D capsules on a BOGO because I had run out. I took a day off and just looked after the dogs. Getting multiple medications down all three of them twice a day is quite a chore. Did read the grocery store ads, although there's not really anything we need I know of except more beef baby food for the dogs.
Mackie, I can't imagine giving medication to three dogs - it is hard enough to come up with new ways to coerce Lucy into taking 3 pills 2x a day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:20 pm No Florida. If it was a power line issue, think the whole house would be without power. The outside lights still work and the kitchen and dining room.

He tried the circuit breaker and it won’t set up. Willl have to look for a replacement and after that call an electric company

The CODs dad was an electrician. Too bad he passed away so
E years ago, but the COD still knows a few things but is getting up in age. He didn’t want to try anything until I got here. Unsafe to not have another person around when deal with electrical.
Here we have something called 2 stage power, which most houses use. If one stage falters, we still have power to some areas of the house, just not things like the stove, fridge, furnace...
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:17 am Mackie, I can't imagine giving medication to three dogs - it is hard enough to come up with new ways to coerce Lucy into taking 3 pills 2x a day.
I stumbled on hiding the pills in a spoonful of cold Beechnut beef baby food. When it's chilled, it gelatinizes and I can quickly squish it around the pills. They scarf it down. Lily is so small and one of her heart pills is big and has to cut into halves for her, so she gets two chunks of beefy goodness.

If I buy a ten pack of the baby food at Walmart, it's probably the same price as pill pockets, which Lily can't have because they all contain chicken.
Mackie
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

icfrugal2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm Thank you so much for the update on Janet, Please tell her hi for me.

IC
I have already done so. Have a wonderful day!
Creative