Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:27 pm Florida, but also was your moms house only partially without power?

I’ll let the COD know.
Yes, partially without power. Some outlets/fixtures in some rooms were out. It wasn’t even whole rooms. Sounds strange I know.

I think what I was trying to describe with the outside wire was it was frayed. The wire passed through trees on the way to the pole so the constant branches rubbing against the wire damaged it. The wire has since been rerouted by the power company to a different part of the yard without trees.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh wow. Will look into that!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Several years ago, in my apartment building some lights were on some off. I think the electric company did something with the huge transformer behind the building.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 pm Oh wow. Will look into that!
Some years back the folks that maintain the elecolines said our setup was not the best. But that was done about 50 years ago. I’ll look at the lines tomorrow morning
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Shiela I hope you feel betters soon.

WE had a lovely day yesterday, went to my brother's house where he and SIL and their son made turkey, mashed, yams, stuffing with sausage, stuffing without, cream corn, green bean casserole and relishes and salad. Plus chocolate pecan pie and pumpkin pie and cranberry bars. For nine of us. A good time was had by all to say the least.

Then today the girls went out to lunch, and then I helped my sister get a new sewing machine-I enabled her. She has had a simple one hundred or so dollar machine for eight full years and is a huge, huge and very original quileter. So it was time for a good sewing machine with all the bells and whisltes and she now had a n elna/janome quilting sewing machine!

Then we went to the polish pottery outlet where I chose a nice mug to be my birthday gift from her.

Now relaxing andk nitting, got no money making int he alst couple days but I figure with the holiday I can hole off until Monday.

Forthe voluptious gals in the bunch, all, and I repeat ALL bras at lane bryant are fifteen and twenty five dollars. I had no intention of spending money on black friday but getting a seventy dollar bra for fifteen is too good a deal so I am breaking my fast, if you will.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I did not sleep well, I had an upset stomach. Weird. I thought I filled my Noontime dinner plate with a spoonful of this and a spoonful of that, but I was stuffed. It was mostly carbs. I did not get a chunk of turkey. Then DB's MIL took a lot of leftovers. She took the turkey carcass and Dad had left a lot of meat on it. Anyways, I wonder if my Blood sugars were high causing my issues? I had a protein drink at dinner time.

So today was laid back. I read a lot in my technical book and played on the computer. Oh and it is Friday, so i did my laundry.

I did make an online purchase, DS2's gift. I think DS1 and DDIl will end up with a gift of cash.

I feel ready to crawl in bed.
Have a nice evening,
Maggie