Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Yesterday turned out to be a very nice day except I felt like I couldn't get off the phone during the time I was trying to watch the Thanksgiving day parade. I had gotten more interested in it than I had thought.

During the first hour my sister wasted almost half an hour wanting me to wait for a picture of her stuffing that she made . . . that of course didn't come and I kept saying to her it will get here as I wanted to get back to the parade. Then a friend called and had me on the phone for an hour. And then when she hung up my sister was back on the phone, talked about 5-7 minutes; hung up and 5 minutes later was back on the phone for the next 45 minutes. Finally about 15 minutes before the parade was over and she called again I answered grumpy and when she asked why I told her I had been trying to watch the parade for the last 3 hours and didn't get to see very much of it. Well she generously gave me the last 15 minutes.

Then later I had to call my sister-in-law to see how she was doing on her search for a place to live. She really has no options and with bills unpaid for years and no credit rating not sure of anything.

My meal turned out fine. Since I cooked on and off, I was able to clean up right after each item so meal cleanup afterwards was easy.

Today is my floor mopping day just the kitchen and the bathroom and sweeping the other two. Exercising is being done in increments of 15 minutes to 1/2 hour fit in between other fun things.

Well that's all for now.

Have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up now and actually have a cup of coffee down the hatch. I am beginning to feel as if my fingers will actually do what I wish them to.

Amazingly we only got just down to the freezing mark, so in an hour or so I will put on my cleats (just in case it is slippery) and head for a bit of a walk. Not planning on going very far, just far enough to get my muscles lubricated so to speak.

A few household tasks to accomplish today, dishes cleared out of the dishwasher, dusting, vacuuming, garbage out of the house, tidy the living room (piecemeal as my cutting table and fabric are still out), and do some bill paying online.

I am really tempted to go out and get groceries this morning as a great sale has started at my favourite grocery. It is only a couple of days early and I am a bit concerned since it is such a great sale that things will be missing from the shelves before I go shopping early next week. If I do decide to go I need to get started on my shopping list as well. Perhaps I can wait a day or so, I just hate shopping on the weekend, too many people.

I hope to continue using up the fabric I have cut on the rug and getting some more quilt blocks pinned together at least. I may start some of my easier candy making tonight. Almond bark sounds just great and it is very quick to make.

Supper tonight is going to be perogies. Hubby won't be too thrilled as he would much rather have the perogy casserole, but I have some that need to be used up.

Today I am grateful that someone discovered that if you roast a certain bean a lovely bevvie appears.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

You will see that my username has changed slightly as I was unable to log in with my previous name and unable to get the password reset. So I used a different email address (my junk and promotion one) and then could get in.

This morning I have completed my workout routine (treadmill, light weights and sit-ups), and I turned on and emptied the dishwasher. Dh went for his blood work this morning and hardly had to wait at all. He has since returned.

This afternoon I have my Retirement Explorer group to attend. The topic for today is a presentation from the local Conservation Authority. I certainly enjoy visiting these areas with Photography Club. As a little update I am currently on a break from my medication as the adverse side effects were becoming unbearable. Quality of life is very important too and I wanted to be able to enjoy my Christmas. So things are in limbo until I see my medical oncologist in December near Christmas time.

Janet (Alliesmom) wanted my to say hello and extend her best wishes to all. She was happy to have spent Thanksgiving with family and enjoyed a wonderful meal. And she has been invited to another family dinner post Thanksgiving. She has been going through a lot medically and finds it hard to keep up with things so she has taken a break from the forum. I don’t believe all the solar power issues have been resolved either. Janet went on to say that she had received an early Christmas card from Rinty. All of her family is doing well except for poor Tom. They hope to get him back into his day program since he enjoyed it so much. He is still experiencing his physical pain and mental health challenges sadly.

I am starting to get some enthusiasm about Christmas and should get the ornaments and trees sorted out. We usually put up two trees but Dh suggested we make things easier for ourselves and only put up one. He has already taken care of the outside lights, but we won’t turn them on until December. On Tuesday I spent a morning Christmas shopping so am glad I finally started. Our Christmas is pretty low key, so nothing to really stress about. The highlight are our stockings and of course the special meal.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I am having coffee and cozy time with the dogs on the sofa. DH has gone to Lowe's to look at gutter guards, having consulted our friends and relatives about them yesterday at the Thanksgiving get together. He's too out of shape to be climbing on the roof to clean the gutters, so I am all for this.

Yesterday evening I signed up for the Neighbors discount program with Tractor Supply and did some more investigation into what products are safe for Lily Dog's allergy. They sell a hard biscuit that is poultry free, so that takes care of something to clean teeth. We will save on not paying shipping and on lower sales tax by shopping there. (The nearest store is just across the state line).

I do not plan to do a lot today, just routine stuff, and not go shopping as there is nothing we need.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning.I finished loading and set off the dishwasher, emptied the dish drainer.

I packed up the cream corn in one meal size portions. I got 2 portions of the mashed potatoes, and 2 servings of Luby’s Mac and cheese. All of this is in the freezer and the empty containers are in the trash.

Trash will be picked up this afternoon, so I didn’t have to rush this morning.

I do have some things to hand wash. Dinner this noon will be my leftovers from yesterday’s Luby’s plate.

I have hand dishes that need doing, mostly containers that will now be used for crafting.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, all. Logics, I am sorry your parade viewing got spoiled - ugh - people!!

I started feeling sick while at my parents house yesterday and now am full on SICK - what we would call the "croup" back in the day - coughing, chest congestion, headache, chills, body aches - covid test is negative - will repeat with another one tomorrow.

DD brought me medicine during the night - she heard me up struggling with Lucy (Lucy thinks she can get up in the middle of the night and get treats) and saw how sick I am. It was a VERY rough night (who knew that breathing is optional, lol) - this morning I am feeling better than I have since 3 p.m. yesterday.

I have taken the cough syrup and used the Vicks DD brought me plus used my asthma inhaler and held my head over a pot of boiling water under a towel - going to take a hot shower in a few minutes.

I hope you all have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz