Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

That is re-wire not retire the house.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:11 pm I am home from my little vacation

I just knew something was wrong. The Cod didn’t say anything until I got home. He didn’t want to ruin y trip.

We lost power to half of the house. Old house. Old weird circuits. He did set up a light for me and wanted to set up power for my tv, but I told him not to worry. And we would look at things tomorrow

I was planning to retire the house in the spring, but this is a sign. But heck. Might just have to find one of those old weird circuit breakers. At least the kitchen is okay. Knock on wood. Lol. Pray for us!
Welcome home!

I’m sorry about the power in the house. Could it be a loose/partly damaged wire from the power company? Something similar happened at mom’s house probably 15 years ago and it was something with the power company lines from the electric pole to the house. I would call the power company before calling an electrician. Just an idea.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

No Florida. If it was a power line issue, think the whole house would be without power. The outside lights still work and the kitchen and dining room.

He tried the circuit breaker and it won’t set up. Willl have to look for a replacement and after that call an electric company

The CODs dad was an electrician. Too bad he passed away so
E years ago, but the COD still knows a few things but is getting up in age. He didn’t want to try anything until I got here. Unsafe to not have another person around when deal with electrical.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Florida, but also was your moms house only partially without power?

I’ll let the COD know.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Santa came to our house today! There were a few pre-made turkey dinners left over where Chris works. The manager held a drawing and Chris won one of the dinners. Since we already have plenty of Thanksgiving fixings, everything he brought home is going into the deep freeze to be consumed on Christmas. The best part? The only thing I will need to make are pumpkin pies and I already have pre-made crusts, canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, whipped cream and eggs for that. I am also going to freeze some of my leftover stuffing since it is always a popular commodity here.
WINNER WINNER CHRISTMAS DINNER!

I am definitely looking forward to a no cooking Christmas Day. So far every entree I have googled can be frozen for later use. So I am playing freezer Jenga yet AGAIN to make everything fit. But since it will only be frozen a month it will be fine.

The three of us had a nice quiet Thanksgiving here at home. I expect it will be the same for Christmas. My kind of holiday celebrations. I enjoy the activities around town during the holiday month but the R & R at home is always nice. I guess I am showing my age.

I am still waiting for my friend who will be going through the divorce to show up. She has spent the entire day cleaning out files at home and getting together what she needs. She also found a lot of junk and has been shredding as well. We may have to postpone her visit until tomorrow afternoon. I will let her know the left overs will keep another day.

Bev
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

casadekitty wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:14 pm Hello all,

Sheila, not to be bossy but try putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet and then a pair of socks. Also rub it on your neck and maybe wearing an old turtleneck over it. It always helps me to do this.

I have been hitting it hard this morning and am very pleased with what I have accomplished so far.
Last evening, I pulled and staged Christmas decor for dealing with today.
I had made the decision to not go "department store decor" this year, yes I have that much stuff :oops:

I gathered and stored all the Fall decor, cleaned and polished tabletops. I have all the decorating done with the exception of the plaid ribbon on the stair rail and top rail that goes around the upstairs. It won't take long I just ran out of energy for the moment. Just ate a chicken sandwich for a late lunch an going to rest for a moment.
I love my tree! I used the 4 1/2 foot tree and used vines, holly, clematis whirly things, pinecones and feathers from a wild turkey and blue Heron on it. It looks awesome. If I wanted to, I could leave it up till Spring decor time.
It is sunny and decent outside today so I did some decorating outside also. Not too much because it is not something I like taking down when the season is over.
Tomorrow, I will probably do floors, we had some rain overnight and by then there should be an abundance of paw prints on them. :roll:

It is good to hear from Janet, I think about her a lot. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Off to read and catch the news
JCKitty
You are not being bossy - I will try anything at this point. I have not been sick in YEARS - I mean probably since 2017 or 2018 - so this is really hitting me hard. Thanks for the tip.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz