Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We had such a nice Thanksgiving. Very low key..14 people. All the kids are teens.
Today the girls came over for candy cane reindeer making! We have been making these since my DS was little.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Sheila, not to be bossy but try putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet and then a pair of socks. Also rub it on your neck and maybe wearing an old turtleneck over it. It always helps me to do this.

I have been hitting it hard this morning and am very pleased with what I have accomplished so far.
Last evening, I pulled and staged Christmas decor for dealing with today.
I had made the decision to not go "department store decor" this year, yes I have that much stuff :oops:

I gathered and stored all the Fall decor, cleaned and polished tabletops. I have all the decorating done with the exception of the plaid ribbon on the stair rail and top rail that goes around the upstairs. It won't take long I just ran out of energy for the moment. Just ate a chicken sandwich for a late lunch an going to rest for a moment.
I love my tree! I used the 4 1/2 foot tree and used vines, holly, clematis whirly things, pinecones and feathers from a wild turkey and blue Heron on it. It looks awesome. If I wanted to, I could leave it up till Spring decor time.
It is sunny and decent outside today so I did some decorating outside also. Not too much because it is not something I like taking down when the season is over.
Tomorrow, I will probably do floors, we had some rain overnight and by then there should be an abundance of paw prints on them. :roll:

It is good to hear from Janet, I think about her a lot. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Off to read and catch the news
JCKitty
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Hello, good afternoon,

Yesterday was nice at DH's family, we did stay because the people were not there that we wanted to be cautious around.

DH needed to be around his family.

laundry is done, well stuff in the dryer, I have to empty the dishwasher

I hope to get things ready to bake cookies tomorrow, I send cookies to the 3 nephews and their families who aren't local.

IC
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Mrscreative2 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:30 am Good morning beautiful people,

You will see that my username has changed slightly as I was unable to log in with my previous name and unable to get the password reset. So I used a different email address (my junk and promotion one) and then could get in.

This morning I have completed my workout routine (treadmill, light weights and sit-ups), and I turned on and emptied the dishwasher. Dh went for his blood work this morning and hardly had to wait at all. He has since returned.

This afternoon I have my Retirement Explorer group to attend. The topic for today is a presentation from the local Conservation Authority. I certainly enjoy visiting these areas with Photography Club. As a little update I am currently on a break from my medication as the adverse side effects were becoming unbearable. Quality of life is very important too and I wanted to be able to enjoy my Christmas. So things are in limbo until I see my medical oncologist in December near Christmas time.

Janet (Alliesmom) wanted my to say hello and extend her best wishes to all. She was happy to have spent Thanksgiving with family and enjoyed a wonderful meal. And she has been invited to another family dinner post Thanksgiving. She has been going through a lot medically and finds it hard to keep up with things so she has taken a break from the forum. I don’t believe all the solar power issues have been resolved either. Janet went on to say that she had received an early Christmas card from Rinty. All of her family is doing well except for poor Tom. They hope to get him back into his day program since he enjoyed it so much. He is still experiencing his physical pain and mental health challenges sadly.

I am starting to get some enthusiasm about Christmas and should get the ornaments and trees sorted out. We usually put up two trees but Dh suggested we make things easier for ourselves and only put up one. He has already taken care of the outside lights, but we won’t turn them on until December. On Tuesday I spent a morning Christmas shopping so am glad I finally started. Our Christmas is pretty low key, so nothing to really stress about. The highlight are our stockings and of course the special meal.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Thank you so much for the update on Janet, Please tell her hi for me.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It was so nice and sunny for most of the day but starting about an hour ago things got dark and very overcast. The wind has come up as well. The weather people say things will be getting much colder for the next while.

Today I did manage to get a bit more than 1 stripe done on the rug. Still not as much as I would like but once my finger is totally healed, I am hoping that things will move along a bit quicker. I also managed to pin all but three of the 9 patch blocks together. Hope to get those last three done tonight at some point. Perhaps after visiting with all of you and updating my blog.

After supper I will try and do another 10 or so rows of knitting on the Bits and Bobs blanket. I hope to finish this purple off very soon so I can add in another colour.

Off to update the blog. If I get time I will come back to see if some of our missing posters have checked in.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am home from my little vacation

I just knew something was wrong. The Cod didn’t say anything until I got home. He didn’t want to ruin y trip.

We lost power to half of the house. Old house. Old weird circuits. He did set up a light for me and wanted to set up power for my tv, but I told him not to worry. And we would look at things tomorrow

I was planning to retire the house in the spring, but this is a sign. But heck. Might just have to find one of those old weird circuit breakers. At least the kitchen is okay. Knock on wood. Lol. Pray for us!