Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in November 25, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Shelia, I hope you feel better soon.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Mercy, HappyDaze, that sounds almost like 'flu. I hope you can beat it back and feel better soon.

I fed the dogs their main meal of the day a few minutes ago and now Lily is lying in my lap. She is the sweetest little girl.

We were having rain but the sun suddenly came out, so it's almost warm. Too wet to work in the yard, though. We have a couple of bushes that need trimming at the front of the house and the back yard needs pooper-scooping. The latter chore is best done on a cold, dry day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Sheila, I hope that you feel better and that you can enjoy some of your time off work.

Creative, I’m so glad you are feeling better since you stopped the medication. Quality of life IS important. Thank you for the update on Janet. I think of her often.

I put up my tree yesterday and I made a quick trip to put the bins back in mom’s garage. I’ll put the lights on the tree tomorrow. I have put out most of my Christmas decor but still have the linens and glassware and a few Christmas dishes to get out of the closet.

On the way to mom’s house, I stopped at Publix for a good deal on the 30 gallon Hefty cinch sacks I use in the yard. Sale price is $7.69 for 28 bags and there is a $1.50 digital coupon (one time use.)

I plan to watch some of the USA vs. England World Cup match this afternoon on Peacock. It is in Spanish but I still enjoy it.

I just ate pumpkin pie for my lunch 😊.

It is summer weather here, a/c just came on a minute ago.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I did get a flu shot back in October but I know that doesn't offer a guarantee against it. I keep going back and forth between thinking I'm starting to feel better - and then not - ick, ick, ick.

DD and her SO were supposed to go to my parents for leftovers today but they did not - they said it is not on account of me being under the weather - but I think it is.

I just had a HOT (as in skin is lobster red) shower and dried my hair. Fixing to climb into bed with the heating pad and crossword puzzle book as soon as DD brings Hope back in.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am
I started feeling sick while at my parents house yesterday and now am full on SICK - what we would call the "croup" back in the day - coughing, chest congestion, headache, chills, body aches - covid test is negative - will repeat with another one tomorrow.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Glad it's not covid. Rest up and I hope you feel better soon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am Good morning, all. Logics, I am sorry your parade viewing got spoiled - ugh - people!!

I started feeling sick while at my parents house yesterday and now am full on SICK - what we would call the "croup" back in the day - coughing, chest congestion, headache, chills, body aches - covid test is negative - will repeat with another one tomorrow.

DD brought me medicine during the night - she heard me up struggling with Lucy (Lucy thinks she can get up in the middle of the night and get treats) and saw how sick I am. It was a VERY rough night (who knew that breathing is optional, lol) - this morning I am feeling better than I have since 3 p.m. yesterday.

I have taken the cough syrup and used the Vicks DD brought me plus used my asthma inhaler and held my head over a pot of boiling water under a towel - going to take a hot shower in a few minutes.

I hope you all have a good day.
Oh no...so sorry you are sick. Do you think it might be the flu?