Daily check in Nov. 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily check in Nov. 26, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

I slept fitfully, kept waking up because YouTube was playing but I did that on purpose to hopefully help with my anxiety a little bit - not something that is normally necessary but this illness is no joke - apparently breathing is optional.

Up at 5:30 and made a boiling hot cup of tea with honey and lemon (YUCK) and did a steam over a pot of boiling water. Both seem to be helping quite a bit and now I am sneezing, which I see as a good thing.

I have laundry going and have put clean dishes away. Hope went out on the run just long enough to do her business - I don't trust her out there and I don't feel like I can walk her. Dogs are tucked in and snoozing peacefully.

Zero plans for the day. I'll be calling off work on Monday and going to the doctor if not much improved. We have no urgent care or walk in clinics around here and this doesn't warrant a visit to the ER. I may give DD a small grocery list today - just some canned soups and whatnot. Everyone have a good Saturday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in Nov. 26, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:27 am I slept fitfully, kept waking up because YouTube was playing but I did that on purpose to hopefully help with my anxiety a little bit - not something that is normally necessary but this illness is no joke - apparently breathing is optional.

Up at 5:30 and made a boiling hot cup of tea with honey and lemon (YUCK) and did a steam over a pot of boiling water. Both seem to be helping quite a bit and now I am sneezing, which I see as a good thing.

I have laundry going and have put clean dishes away. Hope went out on the run just long enough to do her business - I don't trust her out there and I don't feel like I can walk her. Dogs are tucked in and snoozing peacefully.

Zero plans for the day. I'll be calling off work on Monday and going to the doctor if not much improved. We have no urgent care or walk in clinics around here and this doesn't warrant a visit to the ER. I may give DD a small grocery list today - just some canned soups and whatnot. Everyone have a good Saturday.
I hope that as the day progresses you begin to feel better. Rest, drink lots of fluids. I hear the flu that is going around is a bad one.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I thought my fingers would be working properly by now, but I guess not. I have made lots of typo's in just the little bit I typed in my first post and now this one. Thoughts just are not traveling from the brain to the fingers this morning.

Now, yesterday was supposed to be our last really nice day this week. Turns out that the cold snap (with well below normal temperatures) is going to hit early next week. This means I should be able to get at least a couple more walks in outside. Keeping my fingers crossed that is true as I would much rather be outside than stuck inside (will have to probably do my walking inside soon enough).

Not much on the household to do list to accomplish. I need to send in the scan and start my grocery list. I just might venture out on Monday to do the shopping as we get our haircuts on Tuesday. I really dislike the idea of venturing out of the house for more than one day a week into crowds of people, but one does what one has to.

I need to make the weekly call to my brother just to see how he is doing and if he got to his program on Thursday.

As far as projects go, I will be working on the rug and hopefully getting more of the quilt done. Quilt project consists of getting the last blocks pinned together and then getting the pinned blocks sewn. I really want to be up to having the flimsy finished by the end of this coming week (hopefully well before that). I may even sew the 3rd draught dodger for youngest DS's rather large back door and make a second one for oldest that he can use if he wants. Those take very little time.

Still working on my challenge to myself for next year. I keep thinking of new things and trying to figure out how I can fit it into one overall challenge. The mind is spinning wildly at times. I even might have a title for the challenge which could actually work.....

Supper tonight is going to be a container of the leftover chili served over pasta. I will probably make a salad to go along with it.

Today I am grateful for the warmth of my coffee mug in my hands. It seems to help get these old fingers working properly.

With that I am off to clean up the emails, and get the few tasks done for the day so I can play.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:27 am I slept fitfully, kept waking up because YouTube was playing but I did that on purpose to hopefully help with my anxiety a little bit - not something that is normally necessary but this illness is no joke - apparently breathing is optional.

Go to the ER if you continue to have trouble breathing. Don’t be like me and wait too long. (I’m bossy but have your best interests at heart.)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes go to the ER Sheila.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I’m awake and surviving. At least it is a beautiful sunny day. We had quite the thunderstorm last night. Pups were scared

I’m thinking of what I will do today. Since no tv or computer. I could if I let the COD hook something up but it might do me good to get away from that for a while.

He’s asleep. He said the dogs would be awake all the time. They slept all night since I was with them.

Hope all have a great day.