Daily check in Nov. 26, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in Nov. 26, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Logics, you are right about RSV. I had never heard of it until last year when mom’s neighbor (late 60s) got it in Germany visiting family. She saw a doctor in Germany and did fly back to the U.S. but was then hospitalized and said she felt she would not survive. She has leukemia (or lymphoma) so an added complication.

I slept until 8:30 and feel rested. Just took my shower a few minutes ago. If I get the lights on the tree I’ll feel the day is a success.

I plan to order a restaurant gift card for friend and her DH who helped me so much this year. I’ll spend Christmas with them. I might also order some new sneakers for myself from Amazon and use a $10 code to pick up the package in an Amazon locker.

I’m not a big music person but like it at Christmas so I’ll finally set up my old Alexa with my new Internet password. I’m 90%+ finished with my puzzle so will finish it and then watch The Crown. But first the tree lights.

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

It's mid 40s and sunny here.

Woke up much too early with a very nasty sinus headache. Finally got rid of the the headache, but my head's still stuffy (which is nothing new — allergies). Now I'm somewhat cranky due to lack of sleep.

Ah well, DH is off to put gas in the car, and I suspect also do a bit of Christmas shopping. I plan to putter a bit and see what I can get done.

Shelia ... wishing you a quick recovery!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:54 am Go to the ER if you continue to have trouble breathing. Don’t be like me and wait too long. (I’m bossy but have your best interests at heart.)
I think you are very sweet, Floridacat - all of you are. I **think** I might be feeling some better - it is so stinkin' hard to tell. I think I scare DD and her SO when they ask how I'm feeling and I say "I'm not sure" or "I don't really know".

I managed to go back to sleep this morning until 10 minutes to 11!!! That is AMAZING!! I do think I am breathing just a bit better so I will continue the steam treatments throughout the day. The cough is a bit more productive too. It hurts my ribs and chest when I cough but sometimes you got to suck it up and cough.

SO came and took my dogs out - they have asked what they can do for me and I tell them the BEST thing they can do for me is to make sure my girls get out and stroll around the house several times a day (they take them on their long walk later in the evening).

I am fixing to take a hot shower, blow dry my hair, put on clean pajamas and get back to bed with a crossword book. Have a good Saturday, friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The dogs are nagging me to feed them, which won't happen until noon. They have been mixed up since the time changed.

DH has gone to the hardware store and I have been puttering. Just finished soaking some white items in super hot water with some bleach. The water here is very hard with minerals and makes white cotton fabrics dingy. It takes very hot water to get it out. I heat a big pot on the stove to get it hot enough.

We tend to not wear much white as a result because it soon won't look good.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well I thought I would be all relaxed after the little vacation. Not.

It was stressful. Relative that I went with just let loose with all her issues. Darn it’s a lot. Then we went to places I’m not a fan of. They are all into “spiritual” stuff. Crystals, sage etc.

And I like to try different places to eat. Two were not good. And sibling isn’t a good cook. Wants us to eat kale 24/7. Lol.

They want to go back during Christmas holidays. I will have to decline.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Gosh, Clem, you should avoid Christmas there like the plague. Stay home with the COD and the pups where it's peaceful.

Got the veggie quiche made and in the oven. I added some frozen green peas to it. The definition of eternity is two pounds of green peas and only one person who will eat them. :-D Some day that last bag will be used up.

DH and DS are outside installing a test section of gutter guards over the garage door. Makes me nervous when they get involved with ladders.

I ran a load of towels through the dryer just long enough to fluff up the nap and have then hanging on the drying racks to finish up. DH hates crunchy towels, so this is a compromise to keep him happy and save on the electric power bill.
Mackie